How do I Pin a book for reading offline?

jdy18

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
"Pinning" a book for reading offline

Having some trouble figuring out how to "pin" a book so I can read it offline. Checking the "available offline" box doesn't seem to do it. Also can't get the pin that appears next to the book in the library listing to turn upright. Anyone getting this to work?

thanks,

ne0rome0

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: "Pinning" a book for reading offline

First, make sure you have an internet connection. Second, go to the view mode and have it set to "view as list". You should see the pins next to your books. If it's tilted over, you should be able to tap the pin so it stays vertical. It should start to load to blue up to 100%. The book should be available offline now. Turn off your WiFi and test it out!

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

First, make sure you have an internet connection. Second, go to the view mode and have it set to "view as list". You should see the pins next to your books. If it's tilted over, you should be able to tap the pin so it stays vertical. It should start to load to blue up to 100%. The book should be available offline now. Turn off your WiFi and test it out!

I hit the 3 vertical dots as instructed, but there is NO "view as list" item. What now?

Ah, no one said you cannot be IN THE BOOK and do this. There is the vertical 3-dots button IN BOOKS TOO, you know...

You have to go back to the Library "All Books" to do this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

it doesnt help me at all

Welcome to Android Central! You have a Nexus 7, correct? Are you using Google Play Books? Are you on your My Library screen? Are you tapping the 3 vertical dot menu button next to the title of the book you want to keep on device? You should then see a popup menu including "Keep on device" as an option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12