Hmmm my nexus won't turn on anymore

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
So I grabbed my nexus this morning and hit power button and didn't boot up, so plugged it in thinking battery died. After couple hours being plugged, I grabbed it and press the power button and nothing, still plugged it though, then I see pixels lighting up a lil. Unplugged it, tried turning on, nothing. Held power button for a while etc nothing. Is it bad? Had it for almost 3 weeks now. Is there a way to hard reboot? Prob going to contact Google soon to start my replacement since I need it for school on the 27th.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Let's see your Nexus is deaded than a door nail but your post indicate it was sent from the Nexus humm something doesn't sound right.....

Sent from my Nexus 7

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Let's see you're replying from your nexus 7 and it says so on your signature. Oh look mine says sent from " galaxy nexus" not nexus 7

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
your message said you "grabbed your Nexus" nothing to indicate what Nexus was having problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
your message said you "grabbed your Nexus" nothing to indicate what Nexus was having problems.

I'm not trying to be rude or cause issues. I love this community and has always been helpful, you might even have helped me in the past, thanks if you did. I did however post on the nexus 7 forum, so I thought that would be enough for people to know I was talking about my Nexus 7, next time I'll be more specific. Anyway, I just called google about my Nexus 7 8gb tablet by Asus and they're sending me a replacement.

Sent from my PC

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not trying to be rude or cause issues. I love this community and has always been helpful, you might even have helped me in the past, thanks if you did. I did however post on the nexus 7 forum, so I thought that would be enough for people to know I was talking about my Nexus 7, next time I'll be more specific. Anyway, I just called google about my Nexus 7 8gb tablet by Asus and they're sending me a replacement.

Sent from my PC

I dunno why they were being so douchey either, glad you got it resolved.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: android4life007

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I tried holding the power and volumes up and down, and other sequence of those buttons. They have me do it while I was on the phone with them too, nothing worked. If it wasn't 2 weeks old I would have opened the back cover to check it out, but it's too new to do this and didnt want to void warranty in any way. Plus I just saw another post about 1st batch of units with C60 having a lot of issues and mine was one of those, so hopefully get a a unit from newer batch. I was having screen responsive issue sometimes and had a small section where you can see the touch sensors when the screen was black (see my other posts). Even though I had these issues, I loved my nexus 7 during these 2 weeks and would buy again and again.

So I just dropped off my bad unit at UPS store, got home and my Nexus 7 Case and Screen protector arrived, lol. What a tease! Should have my new one in a couple days

dwhidden

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you would have voided the warranty by opening it. As long as you have a plastic opening tool, it's super easy and there is no tell once opened that would show it has been tampered with. I would have recommended disconnecting the battery. Oh well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Androhead27

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually had this happen to me the other day. Nothing worked, holding power, etc. I pulled the back off to try dis/reconnecting the battery but once I got I am there I didn't feel comfortable with it. Snapped the back on again and held power a few seconds and it booted up normally and has been fine since.

Moral is it might have either taken just some time or taking the back off then on which reconnects the power button. Anyway its good now. Go figure, lol.

llfalcon53

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
George Davis, you just saved me the biggest temper tantrum ever would have been seen. I am on my third, count the damn things, THIRD Nexus 7. For some reason, it would not come back on, and I tried everything I could read up on, then your post to just hold the damn button for 30 seconds.

Thanks a ton.

Reactions: Androhead27

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I did hold the button for 30+ seconds, even Google support had me do that, didn't work for me. The back cover truck might have worked but I didn't try that. Got an advanced replacement within 2 days ago I was happy.

faerielfire

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the holding the power button down tip- I thought mine was dead until I tried that. The power + volume button combination didn't work, and I thought mine was a goner. Thanks again!:D

stratemeyerjw

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Just had it happen to mine. Mine is around 1 month old. only rooted apps i have installed is stick-mount which i highly doubt that is the issue. What I did was hold the power + volume up button then i pressed the power and the volume down button. both, i held for 10 seconds each. It still did nothing, then i held the power button for a good 30 seconds and it came on! so I dunno what combination did it but mine is fine now. Just an FYI. :)

tayrez

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Holding the power on button for 30 seconds worked for me. I was worried that the problem was that I rooted my Nexus 7.

Bigguns50

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Ive had my Nexus 7 for less than a week and had the same problem. I held the power button for 30 seconds and it turned on. This is my first tablet and so far I really enjoy it and use it a LOT.

chobers

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
What Salsa said. I held down 'power' and 'volume up' buttons simultaneously for a while, and it turned back on. It's rooted so I would have had to eat it. Whew.

Wasn't the battery, either. 78% when it turned back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781