WTF auto brightness turns off my screen?!

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I prefer to have auto brightness enabled on my phones and tablets to help with battery life and varying lighting conditions and when I tried to set my Nexus 7 to auto it shuts my backlight completely off in dim light. I had to use a flashlight on the sensor to turn off auto brightness again. Any one else having issues?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I sometimes have the same problem in mine. I I recently took a trip to Hawai'i and I kept on having to turn on the light for my seat so that the screen would brighten and then dim to a more appropriate level of brightness. Sometimes the auto brightness turns the screen down too much...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

stevesd

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm using flux, which is fantastic for this, and gives a much brighter range.

Cheers

Steve

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I prefer to have auto brightness enabled on my phones and tablets to help with battery life and varying lighting conditions and when I tried to set my Nexus 7 to auto it shuts my backlight completely off in dim light. I had to use a flashlight on the sensor to turn off auto brightness again. Any one else having issues?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Turn off AUTO and dial the brightness down to minimum. If the screen goes off completely, you probably have a defective unit.

There's no way that auto-brightness should be turning the backlight off completely.

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Turn off AUTO and dial the brightness down to minimum. If the screen goes off completely, you probably have a defective unit.

There's no way that auto-brightness should be turning the backlight off completely.

Alright I'll get my RMA ready because it was doing it right out of the box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Sad to say my Nexus has the same behavior. Factory reset had no effect. Back to Office Depot tomorrow. Maybe Google will let us delete device from our profile soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo