I come from the Apple ecosystem. Over the last 2 months I have been using my sister's iPad since she left it with me when she went on vacation. As for myself, I own an iPhone 4 and an Apple TV (and a PC). But the Nexus 7 is REALLY good looking and I am extremely interested.

If I buy the N7, will the two different operating systems clash making it too hard for me to integrate my devices? Will having two different OS's be too complicated and confusing. For sake of conversation, I would consider myself as the average user.

Thanks for your thoughts and replies!
    08-14-2012 05:17 PM
    How can anyone answer this? This all depends upon your aptitude to learn something new, find solutions for things that might not mesh up.

On any typical day I use Windows, OS X, Linux, Android and iOS. I've used a variety of mobile operating systems including Windows Mobile 2003 SE to Windows Phone, Symbian, Android, iOS, blackberries.

I suppose I could worry about things being "too hard" or I could just figure it out. Stop considering yourself average and evolve.
    08-14-2012 05:28 PM
    If it is to make complicated you woulnt have started using iphone 4 in the first place.

buying Nexus 7 would not cause any clash in OS space.. many google service are available in iphone too.
    08-14-2012 05:42 PM
    I suppose I could worry about things being "too hard" or I could just figure it out. Stop considering yourself average and evolve.
    Well the reason why I told everyone to consider me "average" was so that it would be easier to answer this question. In all honesty, would an average user show up in this forum? I am rather advanced but like in your instance, I wouldn't like to deal with all those OS's I would prefer to have one system which I am completely familiar with.

It's like this for video games. You play Madden which uses circle to tackle then you switch to 2k sports football and then they use square. It gets complicated and obviously its hard to deal with especially since they are very similar games.

iOS and Android are in fact very similar operating systems. They may seem different but when you consider its core functions, they work almost identically. This is why I think it may be weird or difficult.

However, I am sure I will be able to adapt. The reason why I ask is because I would like to see how hard it is (or was) for other people.
    08-14-2012 05:47 PM
    To me adding a Nexus 7 to your eco system would just mean fun. I love to learn new device systems.
    08-14-2012 06:05 PM
    It also depends what you want to do with your Nexus 7. If you want to play games and enjoy online content (videos, forums, pr0n) then it's very simple to use. If you want to use your Nexus 7 to develop applications for a second source of income, that's going to require more technical skills.
    08-14-2012 06:08 PM
    Dude, I'm 64 and my wife is 61and we use the hell out of our n7s. in my opinion only a mental defective would be unable to use an n7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    neechi likes this.
    08-14-2012 06:34 PM
    I think it depends on what you want to do. Apps won't be interchangeable, so if that important to you, then I think this would be a challenge. But otherwise , I think the N7 is a fantastic, easy to learn, and inexpensive "starter" device for someone wanting to explore Android.

I am also invested in the Apple ecosystem. I use a Mac as my primary computer, all my music is in iTunes, and I owned an iPad before I got the N7. Google Music works well with iTunes to pull your DRM-free content to the cloud and make it available on the N7. And if you use Kindle or Nook apps for books, that will readily be available on your N7 as well.

My vote is that if you have the $ to spend, are interested in exploring, and don't mind a small learning curve, grab the N7 right away!

Hope that helps!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    08-14-2012 06:54 PM
    I use both iOS and Android (mostly Android) and it isn't difficult at all. For example, if you have iTunes and want to use the Play Music app on the N7, you upload your music (it's also free).
    08-14-2012 07:03 PM
    I use both iOS and Android (mostly Android) and it isn't difficult at all. For example, if you have iTunes and want to use the Play Music app on the N7, you upload your music (it's also free).
    I think this was the point the way I interpreted the op.

Its not the user friendliness of the device specifically but how all the devices interact with one another.

Yes, if you have a Mac and use iTunes you could get that music into Google play easily enough like you said, but, in order to do so you have to add another layer. That layer is the google play sync for the desktop or you can manually upload the music to Google play. Either way it is not a one click solution.

In other words, "it just works" is not the slogan for iOS to/from android operability. If "it just works" is what the op is after, then paying top dollar for apple products is the way to go.

To point out the problem, the "average user" in my world is my mom and my mother in law; I personally would be served well if they both owned apple products (they would never call me for help )

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-14-2012 08:15 PM
    I'm an apple guy and have had all three ipads. If you can work an ipad the n7 is just about the same. You should have no problem.
    08-14-2012 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD