White (I/O edition) Screen lifting - How to get it fixed?

mephiska

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get a spot at this year's I/O conference. Unfortunately much used white N7 has the screen lift problem on the left side.

I called Google support and they said they could replace it but the replacement would be the regular black version. If I wanted this repaired I would have to go through Asus, but he did not know if they would do the repair under warranty since Google is handling that.

I'm sure tons of other conference attendees have had the screen lift issue - how have other folks gotten this fixed?

Thanks!

Edit: This "simple tighten" fix seemed to work for me so far. The screen is mostly flush and it is no longer creaking. If it continues to separate I'll just call Google and get them to ship me a replacement. After doing the fix I see how easy it is to just swap back plates to keep my "fancy" white one.

Last edited:

aegisfate117

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If you took the back off then you would notice that the nfc chip is on the back of the case. I don't know if it's registered to a specific device or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mephiska

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmm okay. Though in the GNex the NFC chip is in the battery isn't it? These NFC chips should be somewhat swap-able right?

On the unfortunate side of things the tightening only fixed it momentarily. The flexing has re-emerged :(.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance