08-09-2013 04:52 PM
52 123
tools
    Ok I got my to connect through bluetooth. And heres how I did it. First you have to unpair your phone from your tablet I just unpaired everything. that was easy cause I only had my bluetooth headset paired as well. Then on the phone and tablet you need to change the password. Open tablet talk settings/ setup/ password at first it will say change this. The next time I did the bluetooth setup it worked no problem at all. I hope this work some of you.
    I'll have to try this because I am still struggling to connect...
    09-10-2012 11:29 AM
    I'll have to try this because I am still struggling to connect...
    Try to unpair then turn them off. Even pull the battery on the phone

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums
    09-10-2012 05:53 PM
    So I have been trying to get my N7 to connect to my phone using Tablet Talk. I have tried both wifi and bt. I have read the help section from end to end. There isn't much available on Google as far as help goes. Anyone got any suggestions? I know that wifi can be iffy because of router config, but bt should be pretty straight forward! I'm at a loss. Anyone out there use this app and wanna help out?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I had that issue as well. It was very frustrating....

This is what helped me to configure the BT....

Settings>setup> and changed Port on Tablet and Phone to 8080. Works like a charm now. Make sure u checked checked the Auto-reconnect button too.

Let me know if it works

09-10-2012 08:44 PM
    I had that issue as well. It was very frustrating....

This is what helped me to configure the BT....

Settings>setup> and changed Port on Tablet and Phone to 8080. Works like a charm now. Make sure u checked checked the Auto-reconnect button too.

Let me know if it works

I'll try this ASAP when I get home from work. I completely looked over it possibly being a port issue. I hope this works
    09-11-2012 11:15 AM
    My N7 with is Bt paired with my smartphone but TT will not connect. Phone (BB Torch 9850) flashes blue LED during attempt to TT connect but then TT times out. WTH? The TT support documentation is useless; starting to think this app was a waste of $3.
    09-13-2012 10:35 AM
    My N7 with is Bt paired with my smartphone but TT will not connect. Phone (BB Torch 9850) flashes blue LED during attempt to TT connect but then TT times out. WTH? The TT support documentation is useless; starting to think this app was a waste of $3.
    I've had problem getting TT to work with Bluetooth as well, but I was able to get it to work via WiFi. It really is a nice app when it works. Have you tried changing the port to 8080 suggested above?
    09-13-2012 10:55 AM
    Hi everyone,

I am the original creator and main developer of Tablet Talk. Someone emailed about this thread, which prompted me to make this account so that I can offer better support and obtain feedback.

First, mrgdr57: the app is for Android tablets and phones. Please send an email to support@TabletTalkApp.com with the subject "Refund." Either send it from or provide the email address your order is under so that I can locate and take care of it right away!

Next, if you have not done so already, please install the update which was released very early this morning. It will help with the connection problems.

Regarding port: this setting only affects Wifi.

Wifi
    If Wifi is not working, then please do the following:
    1. Change the port to 8080 on both devices. It can be found under "Setup."
    2. Under "Setup" on your tablet, enter your phone's IP address. Your phone's IP is displayed inside the phone app ("Phone IP: 192...."). Almost always the app finds your phone automatically; however, sometimes it is unable to. The tablet app keeps track of each network separately, so you should not have to do this every time.

Bluetooth
    Sometime when Bluetooth is not working, a simple restart of either the tablet or phone fixes the problem. Once Bluetooth is setup, it should work without any problems. The previous version appeared to be having Bluetooth problems, and this morning's update (1.5.3) should help with these.

If Bluetooth has not yet worked for you, then uninstall and reinstall the app on both devices to get a fresh start.

When the app first opens, it detects whether you are using a phone or tablet. A popup appears asking you to confirm. Make sure that you confirm the correct device type. You can always change the device type in Tablet Talk's settings ("Misc" in phone, "Appearance & Behavior" in tablet). If you are texting from a Galaxy Player linked to a phone, then you will need to tell the app that the Galaxy Player is a "tablet." Also, if your phone is a Galaxy Note, the app might think it's a tablet, so be sure to identify it as a phone.

The standard solution for when Bluetooth setup is not working is to do the following:
    1. Open Android's Bluetooth settings on both devices. If they are already paired, unpair your phone and tablet from each other.
    2. Toggle Bluetooth off and then back on (both devices).
    3. Pair your phone and tablet within Android's Bluetooth settings.
    4. Phone: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button. If it asks you to enable discovery, press accept.
    5. Tablet: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button.

Quick & Automatic Connecting
    Once Tablet Talk is setup, connecting can be made much quicker and automatic for future use. Check out the Automatic Settings on both devices for the options. There is also a widget. You can tailor it to your specific needs.

Also, whenever you connect, the app will sync any newly sent or received messages on your phone from the last use.

Example configuration: When you get home from work, simply enable Wifi or Bluetooth on your phone, and then turn on your tablet. The app will take care of the rest. Automatic settings:
    • Tablet: auto start when app opens. Auto enable Wifi or Bluetooth.
    • Phone: auto start when Wifi or Bluetooth is enabled.

I will be subscribed to this thread and try to reply to new posts as often and quickly as possible. You can also email support@TabletTalkApp.com. Feel free to send questions, feature requests, comments, etc. Feedback--good and bad--is always appreciated!
    Jaysus, jdauria, mrgdr57 and 2 others like this.
    09-13-2012 07:06 PM
    Thanks for your response. My apologies for failing to realize that the app was not compatible across bt device platforms (for Android tablets and Android smartphones only). My excitement about finding an app with this potential apparently got the better of my common sense. No disrespect intended or implied toward the developer or the app. Thank you for the clarification, support and the offer of a refund.

[edit] Received an immediate refund from AaronTT - Thank you for excellent customer service!
    09-13-2012 09:32 PM
    Hi everyone,

I am the original creator and main developer of Tablet Talk. Someone emailed about this thread, which prompted me to make this account so that I can offer better support and obtain feedback.

First, mrgdr57: the app is for Android tablets and phones. Please send an email to support@TabletTalkApp.com with the subject "Refund." Either send it from or provide the email address your order is under so that I can locate and take care of it right away!

Next, if you have not done so already, please install the update which was released very early this morning. It will help with the connection problems.

Regarding port: this setting only affects Wifi.

Wifi
    If Wifi is not working, then please do the following:
    1. Change the port to 8080 on both devices. It can be found under "Setup."
    2. Under "Setup" on your tablet, enter your phone's IP address. Your phone's IP is displayed inside the phone app ("Phone IP: 192...."). Almost always the app finds your phone automatically; however, sometimes it is unable to. The tablet app keeps track of each network separately, so you should not have to do this every time.

Bluetooth
    Sometime when Bluetooth is not working, a simple restart of either the tablet or phone fixes the problem. Once Bluetooth is setup, it should work without any problems. The previous version appeared to be having Bluetooth problems, and this morning's update (1.5.3) should help with these.

If Bluetooth has not yet worked for you, then uninstall and reinstall the app on both devices to get a fresh start.

When the app first opens, it detects whether you are using a phone or tablet. A popup appears asking you to confirm. Make sure that you confirm the correct device type. You can always change the device type in Tablet Talk's settings ("Misc" in phone, "Appearance & Behavior" in tablet). If you are texting from a Galaxy Player linked to a phone, then you will need to tell the app that the Galaxy Player is a "tablet." Also, if your phone is a Galaxy Note, the app might think it's a tablet, so be sure to identify it as a phone.

The standard solution for when Bluetooth setup is not working is to do the following:
    1. Open Android's Bluetooth settings on both devices. If they are already paired, unpair your phone and tablet from each other.
    2. Toggle Bluetooth off and then back on (both devices).
    3. Pair your phone and tablet within Android's Bluetooth settings.
    4. Phone: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button. If it asks you to enable discovery, press accept.
    5. Tablet: open Tablet Talk and press the connect button.

Quick & Automatic Connecting
    Once Tablet Talk is setup, connecting can be made much quicker and automatic for future use. Check out the Automatic Settings on both devices for the options. There is also a widget. You can tailor it to your specific needs.

Also, whenever you connect, the app will sync any newly sent or received messages on your phone from the last use.

Example configuration: When you get home from work, simply enable Wifi or Bluetooth on your phone, and then turn on your tablet. The app will take care of the rest. Automatic settings:
    • Tablet: auto start when app opens. Auto enable Wifi or Bluetooth.
    • Phone: auto start when Wifi or Bluetooth is enabled.

I will be subscribed to this thread and try to reply to new posts as often and quickly as possible. You can also email support@TabletTalkApp.com. Feel free to send questions, feature requests, comments, etc. Feedback--good and bad--is always appreciated!
    Thanks for taking the time to inform an help everyone. Great app.

AaronTT and sahl0007 like this.
    09-13-2012 10:14 PM
    @AaronTT - thanks for taking the time to reply... also thanks for adding the MMS support - that is a HUGE plus for me!

Question - do you predict any more theme options in the future for the app? Not a deal breaker at all, I am just curious.
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-14-2012 09:19 AM
    I use this app every day, it's awesome.
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-14-2012 09:52 AM
    finally an app developer who is out to help its users! I need to get the BT working, but I am satisfied with the WiFi connectibility
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-14-2012 01:49 PM
    I use this app with my Galaxy Nexus, Transformer 300, and Sony Tablet S. This app is truly perfect and the developer is great and responsive. I absolutely use it every day especially at home and great when traveling. One feature request, can you add a mute button to the dialer pad on the tablet...would be great to be able to mute phone calls when on the tablet.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-14-2012 02:32 PM
    finally an app developer who is out to help its users! I need to get the BT working, but I am satisfied with the WiFi connectibility
    After you pair your devices, open Tablet Talk's settings on your tablet. Under "Setup" select "Paired phone" and confirm that you have your phone selected. Once or twice, after nearly giving up, it boiled down to a different paired device being selected by accident.

Does your phone or tablet have a custom ROM or kernel?
    09-15-2012 12:35 AM
    HI,
    I got mine to work and it connects just fine now. I havent had the chance to use mine much yet. I got GO sms pro on my phone does anyone know if it is compatible with tablet talk?
    09-15-2012 07:20 PM
    Ummed and aahed about getting this app but I'm very pleased I did after a few days of use. Works beautifully.
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-15-2012 08:55 PM
    I did have lockscreen notifications working fine but having uninstalled and reinstalled (due to my own impatience), I can't get it working now. It's definitely checked as an option, is there something else I should be doing for that to work? I love that feature.
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-16-2012 12:37 PM
    My nexus 7 and Moto photon are paired and connected.with BT. When i make a call from the N7 it connects via the phone and only the sound and mic is activeated on the phone not the tablet. Also when I try to sent texts I get a error that says text was not sent......Any help would be appreciated. I sent arequest for help to the referenced supprt e-mail addres and have gotten no response
    09-18-2012 09:21 PM
    My nexus 7 and Moto photon are paired and connected.with BT. When i make a call from the N7 it connects via the phone and only the sound and mic is activeated on the phone not the tablet. Also when I try to sent texts I get a error that says text was not sent......Any help would be appreciated. I sent arequest for help to the referenced supprt e-mail addres and have gotten no response
    I think phone calls only work with BT headset paired as well with the N7 and your phone.
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-24-2012 11:58 AM
    This app works well both on wifi and bluetooth for me....thumbs up.
    AaronTT likes this.
    09-24-2012 01:29 PM
    I have a galaxy nexus and nexus 7, able to pair BT. I am having a problem using my mobile hotspot now, My nexus 7 keeps losing connection. I have to disconnect tablet talk and turnoff Bluetooth To get my nexus 7 to connect to my mobile hotspot. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it.
    09-24-2012 10:18 PM
    I did have lockscreen notifications working fine but having uninstalled and reinstalled (due to my own impatience), I can't get it working now. It's definitely checked as an option, is there something else I should be doing for that to work? I love that feature.
    There could be a bug with the lockscreen popups--it will be looked into.

I have a galaxy nexus and nexus 7, able to pair BT. I am having a problem using my mobile hotspot now, My nexus 7 keeps losing connection. I have to disconnect tablet talk and turnoff Bluetooth To get my nexus 7 to connect to my mobile hotspot. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it.
    Hi there,

I believe I responded to an email about this last night. However, in case it was not you, and for anyone else who is having this problem:

Do not use Bluetooth while using your phone as a mobile hotspot. Instead, you can use Tablet Talk to transfer messages directly over the hotspot, which is not only more effective but also extremely battery efficient. It does not use up any of your phone's data plan, because the messages are sent directly over the hotspot.

To use the app this way, enble the "Hotspot mode" checkbox in the phone app. Then use the app in Wifi mode as you normally would. This feature was added relatively recently (in the past month or so).
    09-25-2012 03:56 PM
    Whats the deal with only showing some contact's names and other contacts just their numbers? Anyone else having this issue? For instance, 1 conversation thread will have their name (like in my address (contact) book), and another will just have their phone number.
    09-26-2012 02:55 PM
    There could be a bug with the lockscreen popups--it will be looked into.

Hi there,

I believe I responded to an email about this last night. However, in case it was not you, and for anyone else who is having this problem:

Do not use Bluetooth while using your phone as a mobile hotspot. Instead, you can use Tablet Talk to transfer messages directly over the hotspot, which is not only more effective but also extremely battery efficient. It does not use up any of your phone's data plan, because the messages are sent directly over the hotspot.

To use the app this way, enble the "Hotspot mode" checkbox in the phone app. Then use the app in Wifi mode as you normally would. This feature was added relatively recently (in the past month or so).
    Yes, same person. I am using WiFi method and connection is more stable now but it does disconnect out of the blue. It does not automatically reconnect so I have to turn the connection on my phone and tablet to connect tablet talk again.
    09-26-2012 10:14 PM
    Does this app work for Korean phone numbers too??

09-26-2012 10:16 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD