Tablet Talk

Wullie32

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I did have lockscreen notifications working fine but having uninstalled and reinstalled (due to my own impatience), I can't get it working now. It's definitely checked as an option, is there something else I should be doing for that to work? I love that feature.

msross

May 23, 2010
Visit site
My nexus 7 and Moto photon are paired and connected.with BT. When i make a call from the N7 it connects via the phone and only the sound and mic is activeated on the phone not the tablet. Also when I try to sent texts I get a error that says text was not sent......Any help would be appreciated. I sent arequest for help to the referenced supprt e-mail addres and have gotten no response

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
My nexus 7 and Moto photon are paired and connected.with BT. When i make a call from the N7 it connects via the phone and only the sound and mic is activeated on the phone not the tablet. Also when I try to sent texts I get a error that says text was not sent......Any help would be appreciated. I sent arequest for help to the referenced supprt e-mail addres and have gotten no response

I think phone calls only work with BT headset paired as well with the N7 and your phone.

zlee67

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a galaxy nexus and nexus 7, able to pair BT. I am having a problem using my mobile hotspot now, My nexus 7 keeps losing connection. I have to disconnect tablet talk and turnoff Bluetooth To get my nexus 7 to connect to my mobile hotspot. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it.

AaronTT

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I did have lockscreen notifications working fine but having uninstalled and reinstalled (due to my own impatience), I can't get it working now. It's definitely checked as an option, is there something else I should be doing for that to work? I love that feature.

There could be a bug with the lockscreen popups--it will be looked into.

I have a galaxy nexus and nexus 7, able to pair BT. I am having a problem using my mobile hotspot now, My nexus 7 keeps losing connection. I have to disconnect tablet talk and turnoff Bluetooth To get my nexus 7 to connect to my mobile hotspot. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it.

Hi there,

I believe I responded to an email about this last night. However, in case it was not you, and for anyone else who is having this problem:

Do not use Bluetooth while using your phone as a mobile hotspot. Instead, you can use Tablet Talk to transfer messages directly over the hotspot, which is not only more effective but also extremely battery efficient. It does not use up any of your phone's data plan, because the messages are sent directly over the hotspot.

To use the app this way, enble the "Hotspot mode" checkbox in the phone app. Then use the app in Wifi mode as you normally would. This feature was added relatively recently (in the past month or so).

jdauria

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Whats the deal with only showing some contact's names and other contacts just their numbers? Anyone else having this issue? For instance, 1 conversation thread will have their name (like in my address (contact) book), and another will just have their phone number.

zlee67

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
There could be a bug with the lockscreen popups--it will be looked into.

Hi there,

I believe I responded to an email about this last night. However, in case it was not you, and for anyone else who is having this problem:

Do not use Bluetooth while using your phone as a mobile hotspot. Instead, you can use Tablet Talk to transfer messages directly over the hotspot, which is not only more effective but also extremely battery efficient. It does not use up any of your phone's data plan, because the messages are sent directly over the hotspot.

To use the app this way, enble the "Hotspot mode" checkbox in the phone app. Then use the app in Wifi mode as you normally would. This feature was added relatively recently (in the past month or so).

Yes, same person. I am using WiFi method and connection is more stable now but it does disconnect out of the blue. It does not automatically reconnect so I have to turn the connection on my phone and tablet to connect tablet talk again.

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am using OPEN DNS on my router and have had no issues with Tablet Talk. I have connected tablet and phone via wifi and bluetooth successfully both before and after the 4.3 update without issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae