Aluminium effect on bezel chinks easily!!

rickandroid

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Watch the aluminium surround on your 7 guys i have been treating mine like a baby since i got it, and its in a case, but the aluminium surround is showing several chinks, any one else seeing this, how easy would it be to replace it do you think??

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've dinged the sides of the Nexus 7 at least a few times now and haven't seen any effects from it. Case is probably the best bet, I can't imagine the plastic piece is easy to track down.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
No sign of problems here, but mine has been babied. I really do need to get a case, though.

+1

I baby mine but do need to get a case but they add so much bulk... thinking of a full body skin but they drastically change the feel of the device and feel "grippy" to me... ugh...

As for the bezel, its plastic so pretty easy to scratch it if you ding it and knock it about. If you're worried that much definitely get a skin or a case or baby it like I do. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
As stated previously, treated like a baby and its it in a case :)

You must not baby it like I do, lol! I seriously don't let it touch anything but my clean hands and a large, uber soft, microfiber cloth. Even when I put it down, its laid gently onto the large microfiber cloth! When i put it into a carry-pouch, i wrap it completely in that large microfiber cloth.
Nothing comes into contact with my baby except my clean hands and that cloth!

I'm like a nervous mom with a newborn, lol! :D

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
You must not baby it like I do, lol! I seriously don't let it touch anything but my clean hands and a large, uber soft, microfiber cloth. Even when I put it down, its laid gently onto the large microfiber cloth! When i put it into a carry-pouch, i wrap it completely in that large microfiber cloth.

What's funny about this post is that you are describing how I used to act with the iPad. At nearly $700, I was afraid to USE the thing.

Now, with my Nexus 7, I'm free of all that. No case to ruin the tactile "feel" that ASUS spent millions developing and testing. No screen protector making your swipe motion sticky. Just stick it in my pocket and GO.

I've been liberated from the fear of breaking an uber-expensive Apple product, and I therefore use the N7 a hundred times more often.

Its wonderful.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Since it's just painted plastic, how about instead of trying to replace it, when you don't like how it looks anymore you try to remove it and re-paint it? Could look really cool & custom with a custom color surround trim.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a little mark on the plastic near the USB port. I must've been slightly careless plugging it in one night... alcohol may have been involved. Ever since I saw that mark I've been double careful with it. I've gone through countless iPhones, Nexus phones (I hate skins), BlackBerries, all 3 iPads and even a plastic Samsung Windows Phone and never had a ding or scratch on them. My current HTC One X is still perfect and my Nexus 7 has just that little mark that you can only see if you turn it upside down. :) Everyone makes fun of my laptop bag full of microfiber towels and special cleaners but when I put my pristine phone next to their destroyed POS all is right with the world. :D

rickandroid

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The refurbishing/painting idea might be a larf actually if it comes to it, I have found a Swedish outfit that does asus spares and have parts for the nexus 7 .
Waiting for a reply on the silver bit but they seem to have most of the parts but their descriptions are a little cryptic so I don't know exactly which code to order.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
If that's the only piece that's taking a beating you should consider getting a TPU case or a case with a hard back that surrounds that part of the Nexus.

dportal2006

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Originally Posted by rickandroid
As stated previously, treated like a baby and its it in a case :)

After reading the way you treat yours....i feel like an ogre.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Android Central Forums

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Chinks...... LMFAO!!!!!!!!

OMG....it's been a long time since I have heard that word, although, used in different context!!!!!

Apple's opening court statement...
"It's easier to copy than Innovate"

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

twistedfury78

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
The refurbishing/painting idea might be a larf actually if it comes to it, I have found a Swedish outfit that does asus spares and have parts for the nexus 7 .
Waiting for a reply on the silver bit but they seem to have most of the parts but their descriptions are a little cryptic so I don't know exactly which code to order.

Any luck with this? What's the company btw?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance