Screen Lift but to lazy to return

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So other than the obvious esthetic defect is there any reason to return my N7? Screen lift doesn't really bother me enough to have to redo my whole tab setup......unless of course there's other problems that it can cause down the road.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it like a fraction of a hair that you have to look very close from side or is it spungey, creaky, like its coming apart? If its the later, the glass could crack.... from what I read someone's cracked at the lift.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: dsuppa

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Definitely more spongy, damn guess I'll be returning it, thanks for the info

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something here, but if it's not bothering him, why can't you just wait to see if it gets worse? As long as he is still in the warranty period you can just wait to have it fixed when it needs to be fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My guess is once the screen cracks Asus will tell me to F off.....
Less of hassle to swap during return period from Walmart.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
My guess is a pressure spot, gorilla glass is strong against scratches and drops but anything with pressure on the right spot breaks......even a diamond.

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Just buy a case for it, it will cover up the edge of the screen where it's lifting up. Easy fix and no returns.

MadMan84

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Just buy a case for it, it will cover up the edge of the screen where it's lifting up. Easy fix and no returns.
I don't think you fully comprehend. People (including me) have had our screens crack already. Without dropping it, with it in a case. It just happens, likely with the slightest flex.

If I could go back in time, I would have looked for this rise & returned mine. Or not bought it at all, until Asus acknowledged the issue & addressed the design flaw somehow.

dsuppa

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you fully comprehend. People (including me) have had our screens crack already. Without dropping it, with it in a case. It just happens, likely with the slightest flex.

If I could go back in time, I would have looked for this rise & returned mine. Or not bought it at all, until Asus acknowledged the issue & addressed the design flaw somehow.

I'm assuming once the screen cracks youre SOL, right?

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
like this or worse? this is mine. which i only noticed when i looked after 2 weeks of use.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYRfxUl0Ew[/YT]

Reactions: KitN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz