Can't Find Google Music Songs

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing from the root directory and it found nothing. Is Play Music changing permissions on the files such that only the app itself can see them?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

So the one cd that I've ever bought from Google play ONLY shows up in play. None of my other 3 music apps shows it? They all show all of my other music (in different directories).....but not the one I bought from the play store.

sent from my bolt using tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So the one cd that I've ever bought from Google play ONLY shows up in play. None of my other 3 music apps shows it? They all show all of my other music (in different directories).....but not the one I bought from the play store.

Purchased music. Yes to prevent pirates. Personal should not be held to the same standards

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If I just buy a cd and rip it can I play it in any app? I get the pirating thing, but I've never really looked into drm (I've heard the term but I guess I just thought if I bought it, it was mine). So can I transfer this album to my pc? What if I don't have an android someday? Will everything I buy from Google be useless?

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If I just buy a cd and rip it can I play it in any app? I get the pirating thing, but I've never really looked into drm (I've heard the term but I guess I just thought if I bought it, it was mine). So can I transfer this album to my pc? What if I don't have an android someday? Will everything I buy from Google be useless?

Yes and pretty much u could still stream via online

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

marty331

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You can ALWAYS go on your computer and download your music from Google music and then put it back into your nexus for another player to use.

Before doing that, I would ask myself, why is using this other music player so important?

Or you could root and have direct access on your nexus. You will have to wipe your data to root, unless you already unlocked your bootloader in the beginning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
You can ALWAYS go on your computer and download your music from Google music and then put it back into your nexus for another player to use.

Before doing that, I would ask myself, why is using this other music player so important?

Or you could root and have direct access on your nexus. You will have to wipe your data to root, unless you already unlocked your bootloader in the beginning.

I actually don't even have a nexus. I'm on a rooted thunderbolt. The reason its important is because 1) I don't care for the Google play app and 2) I may not always have an android device.
I just feel like if I buy the music I should be able to transfer it to whatever I want (I use an old zune in my car sometimes), but from your post it sounds like there's a way to do this. Thanks. When I bought the album I assumed I could download to pc but haven't actually tried. When I realized I couldn't play it on other apps on my phone, I was afraid I couldn't transfer the album to other devices like I am used to doing.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
And its not going to be labeled there's 2 folders mp3 and albulm art and the only way it downloads is if you have that box checked for off line now Google play dose have a little program that you enter your Gmail and password on and its for your computer and it dose an albulm art and mp3 in one just set it to where over you store your music and enjoy
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1229970

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums

Reactions: AZSALUKI

dlcramer

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
I have about 4 gig in my Google music cloud. Went looking at my file system and about 15 of my albums are on my Nexus. I accessed music app only once since I got my tablet on Thursday so I have no clue how/why. Cool thing is for the most part it is my most listened too stuff. Weird.

They all are in SD/music

AZSALUKI

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I was afraid I would manually have to attach all the individual mp3s to the album art when I do go to transfer the album.

rootusr

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just test it, I pinned an album and opened /data/data/com.google.android.music/cache/music and the album songs are there, there is no Artist/album information but you can transfer the files to wherever place you need. I think that part of the confusion was that there is actually a similar path under /sdcard with an empty cache folder, maybe you need something like root explorer to view the files, although as some one said you can download the info from the web music player up to 2 times.

Regards.

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I just looked in data/data and have no "com.google.android.music/cache/music" (there is a folder for a recipe app) - but the music plays without wifi so it is there somewhere - using es file explorer. They have done an excellent job of bafflement.

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify are you looking into /data/data/.... Right? Not in the /sdcard/data/ ?

Yes. Have looked both places - Nada. Got my husband to try looking using Linux, but the program he has for reading NTFS doesn't work since the update to 4.1.2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX