Returns nightmare!

lasty12

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
OK, so as I mentioned in an earlier post, I like many other people have had hardware issues with my N7. I contacted Google is email to explain and they sent out a replacement for the faulty device; so far so good.

However, 10 days later I still haven't received a 'shipping label' to send the faulty unit back, even after 3 emails from Google stating 'please wait another 2-3 days for a shipping label'.

As Google decided to charge my credit card again for the cost of the second unit until they received it back, I am ow going to start incurring interest charges on my credit card as things have taken so long!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a better response from Google as at this point I would like at least some offer of goodwill!

lasty12

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Pick up the phone.

Unfortunately, being in the UK, I can't phone unless I want to pay for a long international call!

Received a response from Google today saying 'don't stress we are doing our best', an extremely rude response!

No link via the emails I have been sent, getting fed up to the point I'm considering getting a refund in both devices and just getting an iPad.

Can't believe a company the size of Google have such appalling service,

JigsawPieces

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in the UK, and I've also had problems getting a shipping label from Google to send back the original unit after getting it replaced.

They didn't actually charge my card though (just verified it, I think), at least not at the point where I ordered the replacement unit.

If you do want to try calling them, if you look on the support pages, it's actually an 0800 number to use from the UK. (You might need to set the language on the page to English (UK), via the selector at the bottom, to see that.) So you won't have to pay for it.

I'd recommend giving them a ring, I've found it fairly painless and they've been helpful when I've called them.

NickBeam87

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have been waiting for over a month now for my return shipping label...can anyone tell me how they got their situation resolved with Google!? I'm so frustrated and would be so grateful for any insight. Google just contiune saying I will have a label in 3-4 days!

OK, so as I mentioned in an earlier post, I like many other people have had hardware issues with my N7. I contacted Google is email to explain and they sent out a replacement for the faulty device; so far so good.

However, 10 days later I still haven't received a 'shipping label' to send the faulty unit back, even after 3 emails from Google stating 'please wait another 2-3 days for a shipping label'.

As Google decided to charge my credit card again for the cost of the second unit until they received it back, I am ow going to start incurring interest charges on my credit card as things have taken so long!

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get a better response from Google as at this point I would like at least some offer of goodwill!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, could you tell me - did Google eventually send you a return shipping label? I have tried numerous emails and also the 0800 number but I never find them to be helpful...my label has been arriving in 3-4 days' for over a month now (im in the UK too)

grateful for any help

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I waited a week for a return shipping label. At this point I called again and the rep had told me my status was "locked". She had to generate a new return order, and with it she asked for my serial number to the device. The rep I spoke to the first time did not ask for this. I got the email return shipping label 5 mins after I got off the phone. I go the replacement order placed (email confirmed) but till this day I still haven't received any notice that my new n7 was shipped. The replacement order confirmation was on 8/29/12.

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Just an update, I called google again today just to say hi and see how they're doing. At the same time I figured I'd bring up any news of my nexus 7. They explained there's a bug in shipping units out. That they didn't even know units weren't being shipped out until recently. They also said they will send out an email so those that have this email will be resolved first. Here's what the email said:

Hi Hau,

Thank you for contacting Google. It was my pleasure assisting you today.

We're aware of an issue preventing shipment of advance replacement devices
and are working on a fix.

Please rest assured that this delay will be accounted for when calculating
the deadline for return of your original device.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Finally they reiterated that they have no idea when this bug will be resolved.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just an update, I called google again today just to say hi and see how they're doing. At the same time I figured I'd bring up any news of my nexus 7. They explained there's a bug in shipping units out. That they didn't even know units weren't being shipped out until recently. They also said they will send out an email so those that have this email will be resolved first. Here's what the email said:

Hi Hau,

Thank you for contacting Google. It was my pleasure assisting you today.

We're aware of an issue preventing shipment of advance replacement devices
and are working on a fix.

Please rest assured that this delay will be accounted for when calculating
the deadline for return of your original device.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Finally they reiterated that they have no idea when this bug will be resolved.

I had an exchange going and received the same email. Unfortunately, I got it after I was told I'd have a new 7 in a week and after I already returned my defective 7 and Google has received it already. I didn't want to be paying for two tablets. So now I'm out a tablet and have no clue when I'll be getting another. I'm not sure I'll purchase directly from Google anymore.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else "refuse delivery" of the tablet, was promised the full refund, and only got a partial refund? I read everywhere--and was told by a google rep--that if I refused the delivery I should have been refunded the full amount. I just checked today, and they gave me $180 out of the $230 I paid for the 8GB version.

" You were refunded for $183.10.
Reason: Other (describe below)
Comments from Google Inc.: "Refused delivery" "

... I talked to a rep who had no idea why that happened, and is placing a ticket for their supervisor to check. So hopefully I won't be out $50 (20% of the total cost). Hope they keep records of their phone conversations, bc the previous rep told me I wouldn't have to pay 'restocking fees' or 'shipping fees'... :|

Love Google and everything, but they really need to work on training their minimum-wage positions. Half the time I talk to reps, they're ditzy folks who barely know what the Nexus is. I'm sure someone like that processed my refund.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Here's the email I sent them last night around 10:30 after this "no replacement device" debacle and no decent response from Google.

" To Whom It May Concern:

I'm wondering when I will receive notice of my replacement Nexus. When I originally requested the replacement device I was told I had 21 days from that date to send it back or I would be charged retail price for the replacement. I hadn't heard anything from Google regarding my replacement device, and I knew that the clock was ticking on sending mine back, so I sent it. Waited a few days and again heard nothing about my replacement device. Got the confirmation email that Google had received my device, yet still nothing regarding the replacement. I contacted Google and was finally told that there was an issue with replacement devices and that one would be sent to me sometime. No one ever contacted me regarding this. I had to find out from my own diligence when I hadn't heard anything. If I had been contacted, we wouldn't be in this situation now.

So basically I'm sitting here without any device at all. I'm out $280 of my hard earned cash with nothing to show for it. The only thing I know is that I will receive a replacement device when it is convenient for Google. This is absolutely unacceptable. I do not wish to be difficult, but if this is not remedied in a time frame that I feel is acceptable (right now it has been around 11 days and still no notice of a replacement which is absolutely bordering on unacceptable), I will be expecting some sort of refund, along with a replacement device. If this can not be worked out, I will be making a claim with my credit card company to dispute this claim. I'm very disappointed in Google's services and business practices. I expected much more out of a company with their stature.

I appreciate your time. And apologize for the long winded email. I just wanted to make sure that my situation was explained the best I could.

Thank You."

Surprisingly, this morning around 6:30 am I received a confirmation email from Google saying that my Nexus had shipped. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not. But seems pretty convenient.