Auto rotate stopped working

snede2112

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had my N7 for about a month now and last night the auto rotate stopped working. Device is stock, and auto rotate is not turned off. Asus tech support was painfully unhelpful and I'm really bummed. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I would download one of the play store apps that monitor your accelerometer (just search accelerometer on the play store) and see if they record any movement. If they don't it is probably a hardware issue, if they do it is definitely a software glitch and might need a factory reset to fix ( after backing up of course)

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you install any apps lately that mess with rotation? Maybe just try a simple reboot before a factory data reset.

Dannydeez82

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you try rebooting the device? Also did you try toggling the rotation on and off a few times to see if it works? If all else fails you can download ultimate rotation control from the market. It's the best app I've put on my nexus so far.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

snede2112

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. All tried to no avail. Accelerometer works in the long axis but not the short. Rotation switch toggled numerous times, rebooted numerous times and finally factory reset. Ultimate rotation control taking care of things now. Not sure if I should pursue as a warranty and risk a dud replacement or live with it as is.