Nexus froze. Any way to hard reset or power off?

a tired smile

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, my Nexus 7 froze on the homescreen. Right now, it's just stuck in a state where the screen is dimly lit and won't turn off. I tried to power it off by holding down the sleep/wake button, but it isn't working. Any way to force it to power off or hard reset? Or am I stuck waiting for the battery to run out?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem last night. I am running Apex Launcher so I can get my homescreen in landscape mode and initially thought that was what caused the problem.

The power button for 10 sec was able to force a reboot.

RALIR

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I had just unlocked my Nexus 7 yesterday to be able to use Stick Mount, along with OTG. Everything was fine.

Today I tried Type Fresh to install some Indian Fonts (Tamil) on it. I tried by backing up current fonts from Nexus 7 and adding the new fonts to the backed-up folder and then tried to restore the font files. At the end of the process Type Fresh started th rebooting process and got hung up. When I tried to reboot, Nexus would not reboot. The Google text comes up and then switches to flashing the colorful letter "X", but no further. Anybody help with this mess I have gotten into?

Thank you.

RaliR

RALIR

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everybody,

Thanks to the WugFresh Root Tool Kit, I am able to get back in business. I had just gotten rooted and unlocked yesterday, but unfortunately I did not think to backup because i was still tooling around. So I still have quite a bit of recovery to do.

By pressing power, vol+ and vol- buttons together, I was able to boot to the Android Recovery step and the Root Tool Kit did the rest.

Thank you all.

Regards
RaliR

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
My N7 was working great since when they first shipped. It did freeze up on a reboot trying to delete the game Six Shooter. After a hour trying to fix it I held the power button for 10 seconds and it then finished the reboot. I was ready to send it back to be fixed till I read this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

emmerson2013

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I've just been reviewing a number of different forum solutions as my nexus 7 wouldn't power up. I had tried pressing buttons for all recommended times and sequences but nothing was working. Took the back off and noticed battery connection was not in properly. Repositioned the battery and reinserted the connect, voila.... Powered up fine. On charge now. While not ideal problem, love that I could fix this myself without having to take to a repair shop.

Judy Ann Siban

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
my Nexus 5 froze on the homescreen. Right now, it's just stuck in a state where the screen is dimly lit and won't turn off. I tried to power it off by holding down the sleep/wake button, but it isn't working. Any way to force it to power off or hard reset? Or am I stuck waiting for the battery to run out? help :(

PerryPing

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site
Same, it happened to me too. While I'm watching YouTube, it just turned paused then froze. So I decided to click power button to sleep then click again to awake, it was all froze and black light, also touching screen is not working. I kept hold power button to turn it "POWER OFF." Then I turned it back on, It kept froze after few minutes. I was so mad. I need someone help me to fix it. I have no idea how to do it. I tried to find other site the way to fix it but there's none of them help me. Anyone have an ideas? Please reply me this comment below or EMAIL to (Email address removed by Moderator)Please don't spam my email.

Thank you,
Perry Ping

Last edited by a moderator:

mosesmuricy

Dec 6, 2017
Visit site
Something must be wrong with software applications on nexus 5X and with youtube. I just got the same problem while watching a youtube video. It's ridiculous and now my phone won't get past the google splash sign and just restarts itself all the time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie