Who rents or buys movies from google?

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have hulu (not keeping it) Netflix and vudu (not on device of course)

Vudu and Amazon are always having weekend specials on movies. If the items are the same price I would rather rent from google but alas google has not built the app for my samsung blueray player or panasonic tv. :-( Plus amazon is always pushing book and movie specials in marketing. Google should do the same.

N ot sure how to rent a movie you have X days to start ir and X hours to finish watching it when you start it. However how can you just download it without starting it?

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't make a habit of renting movies since I don't watch a lot of TV as it is and I already have a ton of stuff recorded on my MythTV box that I haven't watched. However since Google are (or were) having a bank holiday special (in the UK at least) with some movies for 99p, I decided to give it a shot, rented RED and watched it on my Nexus 7.

I did download it first, and that was achieved simply by tapping the "pin" icon on the movie in Play Movies, it still gave me a warning when actually starting the movie telling me that if I started the movie I would only have 48 hours to watch it, so you can download first without worrying about your watching time starting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree Google should push more contents but they have $99 deals most of the time here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2_08_24_rentals?feature=banner&token=XT7N7tRa

New movie release here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ED8YBA%3D%3D%3AS%3AANO1ljLFn9I&token=EgaB53Uk

Top seller https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...X3BhaWQQBxgE%3AS%3AANO1ljKn82s&token=s87HxGjx

watching them on TV. Google TV serves the purpose but if you dont have one the only way is to hook up the laptop to the TV.

I am not sure if you can play the rented movies via youtube. if its possible then PS3 youtube app should work. but not sure.

As far as the renting goes when you rent a movie you have 30 days to watch it and when you start it then you will have 24 hr to finish it.

In the play movies settings there is an option called Downloads-->Download only on wifi network

Last edited:

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't rent movies from Google Play. Matter of fact, I recently cancelled streaming Netflix. The selection is way too spotty for my liking. I kept Netflix through the mail, though. One app that I do like lately is Crackle. Now I can watch Seinfeld for free, whenever I want. Hopefully Google's selection will get better over time. Pretty sure it will.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
many sames movies on crackle and netflix... however no ads is nice and worth a few bucks a month

I don't rent movies from Google Play. Matter of fact, I recently cancelled streaming Netflix. The selection is way too spotty for my liking. I kept Netflix through the mail, though. One app that I do like lately is Crackle. Now I can watch Seinfeld for free, whenever I want. Hopefully Google's selection will get better over time. Pretty sure it will.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
At the moment I have horrible Internet speeds, but I don't complain because it's free.

Having such low speeds I shy away from watching movies. However, I've been catching up with a tv series , One Upon a Time, via Google play and have enjoyed the experience.

At $1.99 an episode I'll probably only watch 1 or 2 more before buying the DVD.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk, because I was too lazy to turn on my Nexus 7 or Galaxy

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I rent movies from the play store from time to time. I have a place out in the woods that has no cable TV. As an easy way to entertain the wife, I rent movies from google and "pin them to my device". I use an HDMI cable to attach my device to the TV and we can watch the movies as if I had the DVD.

sadiqsamm

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I have never watch a movie on my gnex. How can I rent or buy a movie online....or probably watch free stuff.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: sadiqsamm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol