If you purchased at Sam's Club...

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Were you told you have 90 days to return or exchange? Thats what I was told when I bought it and when I wanted to return my N7 because of screen flicker, they said "Oh, thats for TVs. Tablets have a 30 days return period". I'm mad because I had missed the 30-day return period by 4 days at that point. Would I be able to exchange it through Google or would I have to contact Asus? Of course, Sam's Club doesn't care that some mis-informed employee told me 90 days.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ask to speak with a manager. If the one's at your local club are anything like where I work, you'll get it exchanged. Just tell them you were told 90 days and you feel it's fair that you get an exchange for the item. They should do it.

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
The board at the return desk, clearly states 30 days on tablets.

But how would you see it when purchasing? When you buy something anywhere do you always stop by the return desk to read the fine print or do you depend on the knowledge of the store employees?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought 15 units at Sam's Club and each time the clerk preached to me the same speech about how they were not covered under the play store return policy and that I only had 30 days to return it unless I bought their extended warranty.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I knew of this 30 period as well, but I did take it upon myself to verify this at purchase.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I knew of this 30 period as well, but I did take it upon myself to verify this at purchase.

If it's a warranty issue, Google should be able to RMA/exchange it for you. They were trying to avoid doing that in the beginning (I suspect when their supply chain was overwhelmed with new shipments), but now that the supply has stabilized I've read notes from a few people here who have RMAed units via Google.

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought my wife a Nexus 7 at Wal-Mart over the weekend, and the clerk said that we have 15 days to return it and 30 days to make a decision about the extended warranty.

Fortunately so far, it's working great, and the Nexus 7 I bought myself directly through the Play Store is in excellent condition as well.

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Staples clerk told me I would have only two weeks to return my Nexus 7

Staples return policy for electronics is 14 days, so he is correct. Also, they don't honor manufacturer warranties, so you have to contact Asus directly if you want it to be repaired. That's what I had to do.

4Holly

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Staples sales clerk really gave pressured me unsuccessfully to buy their warranty for eighty dollars. Ridiculously high price.

mkiker2089

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
There's been some question about Sam's being legally able to void your warranty. I know when I had an issue Google didn't ask where the device came from or even ask for any info to check. They just sent me an address label to return it. I'm told others had different experiences. If the warranty card is in the box I'd contact Google first, Asus second. It can't hurt. If you contact Google let us know how it goes. I still think the Sams people are hoping they can force people to buy the warranty without Google having actually buckled under.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would give it one last ditch effort to return in store. Ask for the store manager and see what they can do to help you out -- after-all, you have been a loyal, Sams Club member :).

Otherwise do what the poster above said and give Google or Asus and opportunity to replace it. It's a hardware issue so should be covered under warranty, which is typically 1-year. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad