Swype Update is out!

Darth Mode

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Galaxy Nexus. After update it won't let me choose Swype as default keyboard. According to what I read on their site they are aware of some problems with the update and will be pushing out a fix today.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I found, after the update, when writing a text message and sending right after swyping the last word, that the word is added into the text field again.
It does leave the word in the sent text message, but adds it again.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

I have the same thing happen in the stock (Gingerbread) SMS app on my HTC Thunderbolt, but that happens no matter what keyboard I'm using. For a while, I was saving draft text messages without realizing it whenever I'd close an SMS chat.

Then one day, I rebooted and they all sent. :)

Good times, Good times.

times.

knightfall

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
On Facebook a lot of people having saying Swype "isn't working" or "just sucks" for those on 4.1.2. I asked for specifics, but no one has responded to me yet. Anyone here having the same issue?

Is it the default keyboard issue some of you here are speaking of?

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
On Facebook a lot of people having saying Swype "isn't working" or "just sucks" for those on 4.1.2. I asked for specifics, but no one has responded to me yet. Anyone here having the same issue?

It works generally well for me.... I lost the dictionary when upgrading, but it was only a few days old as I rooted my N7 on Wednesday.

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Uninstalled, downloaded and reinstalled the beta - still unusable.

The stock keyboard is simply painful to use.

dextorboot

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been having an odd issue with it since the update. Previously if I left a text field but went back to it and touched any word it would give the same word suggestions as when I was swyping, but now when I go back to a text field and touch a word there's no suggestions for other words at all. I haven't delved into the settings yet to see if it's something that was reset but it's doing the same thing on my phone too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63