Swype Update is out!

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
There's a new update for swype. I'm not sure what the changes are (can't find them anywhere) but it does seem a little faster and so far seems to have stopped making mistakes it used to make when using firefox for android.

Changelog
--------------
Fixed bug on HTC Sense devices where Dragon Dictation wasn't functional.
Re-introduced Japanese language support.
Significant improvements in text editing (gestures to Shift words are more relevant and forgiving, punctuation gesture improvements, etc.).
Implicit add to dictionary functionality improved (quarantine mechanism more consistent).
Fixed 'bouncing' Chinese spelling list bug.
We have updated the text message scanning mechanism to run in the background and automatically learn the words and language model from the user (this is why "SMS" is no longer available in Swype Settings > Swype Connect > Enable Personalization)
Advanced Language Modeling introduced for Arabic, Czech, Romanian, Russian, and Slovak.
Various improvements in accuracy.
Implemented workarounds to handle cursor placement/text editing behavior a bit better in Google Chrome.

Reactions: John-Smith

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
side loading only, correct?

Sort of yes, and no. If you already have Swype installed, then go into swype (bring up the keyboard and long-press on the swype key) and go into updates. it'll download it in there. You do have to allow "unknown sources" but it'll download and install right from within Swype.

Reactions: Tervz

grobe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes! Two major improvements....No more jumping around when deleting a word, and the auto spacing works when typing directly into the address bar (like in chrome for example)

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Spoke too soon.
Looks like there's still an issue with random jumping although not as bad. At least on one of the websites i was trying to pay on. This one works just fine now.
I wonder if it depends on a website.

chrisp6825

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I found, after the update, when writing a text message and sending right after swyping the last word, that the word is added into the text field again.
It does leave the word in the sent text message, but adds it again.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I found, after the update, when writing a text message and sending right after swyping the last word, that the word is added into the text field again.
It does leave the word in the sent text message, but adds it again.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

They need a better SQA team.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Sort of yes, and no. If you already have Swype installed, then go into swype (bring up the keyboard and long-press on the swype key) and go into updates. it'll download it in there. You do have to allow "unknown sources" but it'll download and install right from within Swype.

Not on my version. There is no update option

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
There is yet another Swype Beta out now. Version 1.3 offers three different keyboard layouts for tablets: the original keyboard, a small and moveable keyboard, and a split keyboard.

Does anyone know how to change the keyboard layout on the N7? I may be missing it... of course, it could also be related to DPI settings or something too.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the keyboard layout on the N7? I may be missing it... of course, it could also be related to DPI settings or something too.

UPDATE: It is a DPI thing... Swype considers the N7 to be a phone based on the screen resolution. Plenty of chatter about it on the Swype forums.

Apparently a new button appears in the bottom right (with an option to change the keyboard) when in tablet mode.