Battery Life

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I made a long search and found nothing. I was wondering how your battery life is doing, since mine is horrible. Ever since I stopped individually closing tasks or going back, it's been bad.
View attachment 35960
View attachment 35961

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Well I was just playing Horn, plugged in at 100 percent. Ended up at 90 after about an hour.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is nothing short of amazing! I usually charge it every couple of days. I couldn't be more pleased with my $250 toy :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: android4life007

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is nothing short of amazing! I usually charge it every couple of days. I couldn't be more pleased with my $250 toy :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

I agree completely. I charge my N7 about every 3 days or so with pretty heavy use.

To OP: It seems your WiFi connection is constantly reconnecting. That could be part of your problem...

Reactions: Eduardo06sp

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Great battery life here. If only my expensive laptop could last even half a long. I can use my n7 all day in a single charge

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine has great battery life, its one of the things I love about this tablet. Even if I barely use my phone, it won't last past a day. I use the N7 everyday and can easily go 24-48 hours under moderate use.

I bet if I didn't use the N7 for a week, it would still have held most of its charge, thats how good it is.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the N7 pretty aggressively the last 3 days, and typically run it fully dead in a day. That being said, my screen-On time has been well over 6 - 7 hours, so all things considered, that's pretty good haha.

Trying to train it to go from fully charged to dead, which I'm able to do by lying on my butt all day. The only luxury of a leg injury ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I charge mine daily

Gets down to around 50% after 4 to 5 hours usage (playing movies is the biggest battery killer for me, uses about 12% for a 1h30 film)

Traveler5

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Everything I've read has said to not let your N7's battery drain dead or even close to it. Letting the battery drain down to 5% or less may degrade the quality and life of the battery. I always recharge at no lower than 15%.

I'm not a heavy user (no games, some streaming movies, no music other than Spotify). I use it mostly for web surfing, reading, and a few other basic things. I usually can go 3 days until I hit around 25-30 percent, then I recharge it. With how I use my N7, I'm sure I could go 4 or 5 days before I hit 10%. I usually recharge it every night unless the battery level is higher than 75% -- not worth it then.

By the way, I usually spend between 3-4 hours per day using my N7. I also power-off at night -- most of the time -- and it usually stays off during the day until I turn it on in the evenings to use it. Brightness is set to Auto. Wifi goes off when the device goes into sleep mode (two minutes of non-use) and I close unused opened apps as I go. Also, I don't use an app killer (heard they're not really doing you any good), nor do I have a bunch of 3rd party funky OS intensive apps running in the background other than a battery indicator -- I only have the apps I want on there. If there are apps I haven't used in awhile or don't think I will use much in the future, I delete it off the device. I can always re-install them back on the device later through Google Play. Animation is set to off and many of the apps that I don't care about if they're up-dated on a regular basis, I have them set to not up-date.

Last edited:

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the N7 pretty aggressively the last 3 days, and typically run it fully dead in a day. That being said, my screen-On time has been well over 6 - 7 hours, so all things considered, that's pretty good haha.

Trying to train it to go from fully charged to dead, which I'm able to do by lying on my butt all day. The only luxury of a leg injury ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Hey your music is good, and I don't even like the genre, but I'm in.

Ok, now to topic.

Every device I use on wi-fi in this old building, where I live and work, experiences severe battery drainage, owner wont pay for anything other than basic DSL (wont even allow employees to pay extra for better wi-fi). When a device has to strain to pick up signal, strains the heck out of the battery.

My N7 actually experiences this but not even as close to bad as my other devices, I can charge at night and run all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7stringer

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is having battery issue simply follow these steps:

1) turn the brightness down to the lowest setting (not possible if using it outdoors during the day)
2) set screen time out to 15 seconds when not being heavily used (change to 1 or 2 minutes when you are actively using it)
3) if you still notice a lot of battery drain, there may be an app causing issues, wipe all the non-important running processes clear and see if that helps.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree completely. I charge my N7 about every 3 days or so with pretty heavy use.

To OP: It seems your WiFi connection is constantly reconnecting. That could be part of your problem...

Ah, it seems to me like I had to go to Google Play App--->Settings from the three dots at the corner--->Settings and disable Google AdMob ads. Thanks, although the problem was very obvious.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ah, it seems to me like I had to go to Google Play App--->Settings from the three dots at the corner--->Settings and disable Google AdMob ads. Thanks, although the problem was very obvious.

I'm sorry, maybe its not very obvious to me but does disabling google admob ads really help battery life? I have great battery life already but more is always better.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, maybe its not very obvious to me but does disabling google admob ads really help battery life? I have great battery life already but more is always better.

No, disabling Google's Location Services really helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm