Is there a way to see sites without mobile view with Chrome?

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Every time I try to view certain websites, I am automatically taken to the 'm.Etc....com' site? Is there any work around? Or any browser I can use to work around?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Try using Dolphin browser. Not to get too personal, but can you list one of the sites that forces you to the mobile version? Some sites included a link to the full site as well.

Blkacesvf41

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Some sites are just weird like that. One example is factcheck.org, even though it's in my bookmarks everytime I go to it I get the mobile version so I have to request the full site like mentioned above and that works.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
ESPN's site does the same thing...Just won't give you the desktop site. Really sucks when you want to be with the other fantasy football owners at Buffalo Wild Wings for the draft, but have to instead do it from home because their stupid site won't let me use my tablet for the draft.

Sent from my Pebble Blue SGS III.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
ESPN's site does the same thing...Just won't give you the desktop site. Really sucks when you want to be with the other fantasy football owners at Buffalo Wild Wings for the draft, but have to instead do it from home because their stupid site won't let me use my tablet for the draft.

Sent from my Pebble Blue SGS III.

That's one of the sites i was referring too. It's extremely frustrating. When i had my blackberry Playbook all sites were desktop view

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Try using Dolphin browser. Not to get too personal, but can you list one of the sites that forces you to the mobile version? Some sites included a link to the full site as well.

No problem. Thanks for trying to help.. One of the main sites are betonline.com

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you click "request desktop site" and it still shows the mobile version, you may also have to delete "m." from the address (Facebook does this to me sometimes). I'd say, get Firefox or Dolphin, though. I think they each have a way to set it up where Desktop is the default.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
If you click "request desktop site" and it still shows the mobile version, you may also have to delete "m." from the address (Facebook does this to me sometimes). I'd say, get Firefox or Dolphin, though. I think they each have a way to set it up where Desktop is the default.

That is what happens with me when I visit NFL.com I wished there was an option to keep that option locked on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Michel Merlin

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hostile dishonest site does NOT deserve my work

Hostile dishonest site does NOT deserve my work

I came friendly and open minded to submit a suggestion that I think is useful to many. However after I wasted my time carefully and politely writing a clear and easy to read and understand message, the Preview replied (approx) "Error - having not posted 10 posts, you can't include links", and didn't even show my prepared message!

Such a wild, uncivilized site, scorning visitors to that point, doesn't deserve my work, sorry. In addition my particular post REQUIRED links to explain.

Bye bye

Versailles, Fri 26 Jun 2015 20:00:00 +0200

Georgypan

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Hostile dishonest site does NOT deserve my work

The same thing is happening with Ladbrokes.com on my Nexus 10. Request Desktop Site doesn't work with Chrome which is my default browser. I've tried Puffin and Firefox. Puffin doesn't fix it at all and Firefox looks as if it's going to work but as soon as I click on the relevant part of the site, it just jumps back to mobile version. It's infuriating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781