How long to fully charge?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I used a new Nexus 7 down to about 15% and it's been on the included charger all day, sometimes powered down. 10 hours later it's only up to 73%.

Does it take so long for others' to fully charge?

// Sent using the Android Central app //

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been lately. Not when I first got it, but recently its been doing the same. If anyone has any idea why, that would be awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had mine a couple of weeks. I recently accidentally went past two power warnings and had to shut down. Plugged into charger. 30 minutes later I was able to turn it on. I don't remember if I left it on or not, but I let it sit without use, 4 hrs later it was fully charged.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Were you using the original cable? The quality of cable really makes a difference to the speed it can charge at, it could be that the one you were using isn't very good (even if it is the original one, it could be faulty) perhaps try using another one that you know is good. If you have a power meter that you can plug the charger into the power draw will give you quick feedback on which cables are good for charging.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
For me, charging averages about 1% per minute using the stock charger that shipped with my N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly my experience, it charges in just under two hours or so. Then it lasts FOREVER lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, all. I was using it while plugged in, perhaps what I observed was the charger couldn't keep up with consumption while downloading, reading and (cough) playing games. My Amaze can keep up, even charge a little, with a charger while playing video or video chatting. I thought a 2.1mA charger would do better (granted, it's the device's charge circuit that determines charge rate, current).

Cable is a better one than stock, a herky AmazonBasics 4' one. I installed Battery Monitor Widget Pro, which is indispensable on the Amaze, though, so after a few days' use I'll have a better picture. Will repost back.....

// Sent using the Android Central app //

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emoney86