Bluetooth speakers work for any apps?

simplesim73

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am looking at getting a portable Bluetooth speaker to play music from my Nexus. Most of my music collection is on a NAS so I use apps like skifta to stream. When I buy my speakers (eg Creative D100) will they play any noise output from the Nexus when paired instead of the internal speaker? Sorry to sound dumb but I don't know how these things are set up so didn't know if they are limited to the Goole music app or not.

Thanks

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Pairing a BT speaker should work fine. In fact, I'm eyeing the Bose and Logitech offerings....

// Sent using the Android Central app //

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
They will, but Bluetooth on the Nexus 7 has significant lag with most sounds, for the Youtube app and Play Movies Google has compensated for this so it isn't a problem for those apps, and it isn't a big deal for playing music, but it can be really annoying having other sounds occur a second or so after the action it's paired with especially when playing games. So I wouldn't recommend it for general use, but for videos (in Googles apps at least, I haven't tested other ones) and music its okay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

simplesim73

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Great, thanks for the advice and information about lagging, and you say it wouldn't matter for music. Bose ones are very nice, at the moment I am looking at the portable and cheap Creative D100 - with your info I am happy to go ahead :)

muchby

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I have Logitech Bluetooth speakers ($69) which work perfectly with my tablet and a Logitech Bluetooth receiver ($40) plugged into my Bose wave radio and couldn't be happier with the result. Two reasonably priced solutions to Bluetooth connectivity between the Nexus 7 and speakers and audio systems. Both work well with videos (Netflix, etc) and music.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a jambox with my 7 and it works perfectly. No lag on any apps.
Found one on Craigslist for $80.

I'm using a jambox with the N7.
It doesn't lag on movies. (mx player)
Music, I don't know because there is nothing to sync it with (video)

Games: Yes it has a slight lag of about 1/2 sec. I was playing GrannySmith, and all the sounds are delayed from the action on the screen.
Keyboard clicks and touch screen feedback sounds: all are delayed and it's very annoying.

Nightowl420

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I am sitting with my nexus 7 so close to a creative d100 they're touching and it can't find it. It can find a phone in the next apartment. My phone can find and use the speaker just fine. I hadn't tried the Bluetooth on the nexus before, I got this speaker, my friend set it up on the phone and we tested with Pandora and everything's fine until I go to lay in bed and watch some Netflix on the nexus and it's just not there. I briefly skimmed over a news story about this blasted 4.4.2 update and Bluetooth issues but they didn't mention devices not even showing up, just connectivity. This was the only thing I came up with when searching for both devices. Are they even compatible? Is this creative d100 a fossil? Any ideas?