battery not charging to full... should iI be concerned?

nobodyisherenow

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
so my n7 only charges to 94% and firebox crashes every once in a while and left to the speaker is a little warm always, should iI be concerned or does that happen to everyone's?

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
if factory reset doesn't fix it all completely, then call google/asus (whatever the warranty states to call) and have it fixed or replaced.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
will that mess up the apps that i paid for and downloaded?

It will reset it back to just like it came from the factory, so apps will have to be re-installed, and files will be gone. You won't have to pay for apps again - Google Play tracks which apps you've paid for and lets you reinstall them as many times as you need to, as well as on multiple devices that you own (I have some paid for apps that I originally bought for my Razr that I've since also installed on my Nexus 7, for example).

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If resetting doesn't fix it--am I better off keeping the device I have, or going through some huge CS hassle and getting some refurbished machine that may or may not have a whole world of other issues? Seems like as far as N7's go, a battery issue beats a lot of other worries.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I doubt Google/Asus are sending out refurbs at this point. If the factory reset doesn't fix things, I'd swap it out. If they send you a bad unit in return, exchange it again.

I can't imagine something that would make my Nexus LESS useful than having the battery crap out, frankly, and a battery that is not charging to 100% from the get-go is a sign that you may have a dead device in a few weeks.

Or you can hang on to it for a month and see how it does. You've got a 1-year warranty, IIRC, so if the battery craps out, swap it.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
PS: You can also (if the reset does not work, or maybe even if they do) call the returns hotline and ask what they suggest. At least that way, you have a record on file of calling them with a battery issue.

Their standard policy, based on what I've seen here, is to put a hold (not a charge) on your credit card for the cost of the device, then ship you out a new one along with an RMA label so you can send the old one back. It sounds pretty hassle-free.

They may just insist that you exchange it, but if they don't and the unit dies three months from now, you can refer them back to your original call and they'll have a record that your unit has a known bad battery issue.