Touch screen slows down

olsonl

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
While playing games like angry birds space sometimes the reaction to my touch slows down. I touch to explode a bird and sometimes it never happens or is delayed. I touch the button to replay the level and sometimes it takes 3 or 4 touches. If I tap the power button to put it asleep and tap it right away and wake it up the screen response to taps is back fast again. It happens in other games too. Anyone else have this problem or know a fix?

Thank you.

Lee

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed this behavior as well. At first I thought I wasn't touching the screen properly but eventually noticed that it was simply not responding to taps and/or swipes. I'll try your method for restoring it, but I've always rebooted. Fixes it every time. I should note this has happened only three times since owning the device.

TJH

McCranium

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I've been experiencing this on my Nexus 7 as well. I have a couple of things that have seemed to help.

1. I read in another forum, xda developers i think, that if you are using pattern lock changing to an alternate method of locking your tablet could help.

2. Disable auto brightness and setting the brightness to about 25-30% or about a 1/3 from the left.

This combo for me has improved the swiping considerably. Of course, turning the tablet off and then right back on does seem to work as well.

olsonl

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the link above. It showed me that this is a common problem and somethings that might work or maybe have to wait for Google to fix it. Might be a hardware issue.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the link above. It showed me that this is a common problem and somethings that might work or maybe have to wait for Google to fix it. Might be a hardware issue.

Another workaround I've read about is to turn on developer options and turn off the various animations. Honestly, I don't miss them, and the tablet feels snappier. It might or might not have reduced the screen sensitivity issues, but it seems like they happen less often.

I also make it a habit to turn the screen off and back on briefly before starting an intensive game like Angry Birds, and even flash the screen off occasionally between levels. It takes about a second to do, and I have zero gameplay issues if I just turn the screen off briefly at least every half hour or so.

Not that I ran into it all that often anyway. I think it interfered with a game maybe twice.