my first impressions of nexus 7

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 7 is the best looking android tablet period. it does not feel cheap at all. samsung tablets feel and look so plastiky and cheap in comparison. I was thinking about buying lenovo a1 but man this tablet is so bad even at $160 . nexus screen is sharp and really looks awesome. I would go for it if it was not for limited storage. I would buy nexus with 64gb storage and I would gladly pay $349 for it. overall great device but limited storage is no go. come on goolge bring at least 32gb version. I love 7" form factor and I would consider buying second tablet in addition to my Playbook. perhaps 7" ipad.........no I sdriously dislike apple. google is the only other choice for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand were your coming from, as I too had a Playbook. Got rid of it about 2 weeks ago for a Nexus 7. I don't regret it at all...

You can get a USB OTG and expand your N7 memory to what ever you want. I'm about to do the same myself. I may get a 32 GB flash drive an connect it to the N7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bitek

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand were your coming from, as I too had a Playbook. Got rid of it about 2 weeks ago for a Nexus 7. I don't regret it at all...

You can get a USB OTG and expand your N7 memory to what ever you want. I'm about to do the same myself. I may get a 32 GB flash drive an connect it to the N7.

no,no. I still have Playbook and i love it. I like Nexus 7 but i will buy it only when it comes out with sd card slot. I would use it as my second tablet until BB10 comes out on Playbook with TomTom maps etc. My Playbook is 64GB. 16GB Nexus 7 is not enough for me and running around with additional flash drive does not make much sense. I think Nexus 7 is the best looking Android tablet. I am not completely sold on Android os as i think that QNX is better with its true multitasking. I've had Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus before but i got rid of it as i did not like it much. It was so annoying that some apps would not work on it [it said they were not compatible] and yet i could sideload these apps on my playbook and run them on android player. I think Google made great looking tablet but omission of sd card slot is just poor decision imo. either 16gb with sd card or minimum 32gb or preferable 64 gb storage.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I think a number of people would've liked to have an SD slot, and would've paid an extra little bit to get it, but for most people it just requires thinking about data management a little differently if they're used to using a microSD card, or just need more space. I doubt we'll see a new variant on the 1st gen N7 that has a microSD slot, but there are new tablets coming out all the time. I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Kindle Fire has to offer, though I'm pretty turned off by the heavily modified OS to essentially force users into buying from Amazon. Still, there will be a workaround for that within a week of release. lol

The N7 has pushed the envelope, and future tablets will have to reach higher as a result, and we all benefit. Perhaps the next gen N7 will have more storage space, or more options for expansion. Time will tell.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Oh OK. I understand. But if you haven't physically handle the N7 and played with it for a day, you wouldn't understand. lol... I love QNX and everything about the Playbook. The only thing that killed me were the lack of main stream apps. Plus, all Android apps are not compatible with the APlayer... I brought the Playbook the first day it came out (April 19th I believe, or is that my wedding anniversary?) But anyway, I think to attach a small module on to the N7 isn't that much of a burden considering what you get with the N7.. Go for it, bud!

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I agree. Google wanted the price point to compete with the Fire, which also lacks SD Slot, I believe... If they were to put a SD slot on N7, wow! They would of sold 3x as many tablets today, especially with a $200 starting price point, IMHO.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I agree. Google wanted the price point to compete with the Fire, which also lacks SD Slot, I believe... If they were to put a SD slot on N7, wow! They would of sold 3x as many tablets today, especially with a $200 starting price point, IMHO.

I doubt an SD slot would've equaled triple sales, but there have been some folks that have at least hesitated if not decided not to buy because of it. But no device is for everyone. *shrug* I wouldn't mind more space for more on-device music. I don't mind streaming music, but for something like the in-car docks people are rigging up, you can't generally depend on streaming.

Still, for the price, I'm more than happy.