How to know the exact battery level for Google Nexus 7 tablet

bchoward123

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to know how to see what the exact battery level is on a Google Nexus 7 tablet. I was told on this forum to download a widget/app to find out, but I have since gotten an answer from Google Help. All you have to do is go to Settings/Battery and it will tell you. I hope this helps someone else.

psyke45

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've been using battery monitor, one because it shows how much actual battery charge there is, but also I get to see how much charge/discharge is happening in mA. It allows me to see what power adapters are able to give me enough power to charge or not.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to know how to see what the exact battery level is on a Google Nexus 7 tablet. I was told on this forum to download a widget/app to find out, but I have since gotten an answer from Google Help. All you have to do is go to Settings/Battery and it will tell you. I hope this helps someone else.

The stock way would be to go to Settings, Battery. It shows the battery percentage at the top there.

If you want an easier way, I love the Elixir 2 app myself. It does a lot of things, such as adding toggles to your notification list, but another thing it does is adds the batteries percentage to the system bar, so you can see it conveniently all the time. I love this app so much.

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I use Mini Info. it gives me the option to add battery, CPU, ram, disc memory and sd card memory in one widget. (that last one obviously not needed on the N7). Right now I have it set for battery and disc memory. With Nova Launcher I can even resize it anyway that I like.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the Nexus tab has enough battery so it won't matter, but do be aware that battery monitor apps use battery, and not always just a little.

After running the Carat App for a few weeks I was supprised to learn that all of my favorite battery monitors chewed up a lot of juice.

This is because they can induce the charge measuring chip to take additional measurements. And the only way you can measure the charge of LiPoly batteries is to do a controlled high-drain discharge for a short duration (a second or less), and measure the voltage drop of that event.

The system does this every so often, as well as watching the regular voltage drops, but many battery apps will induce more frequent charge measurement cycles.

So I just use the standard system gage and have stopped looking too closely, and stopped trying to micro-manage it. Its so much easier to let the machine take care of itself.

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I use "Power Toggles", it's free with no ads and if you use the notification bar widget it gives you the option to display the battery level. There is even a setting that tells it how often to check the battery level (I have it set for 5 minutes).

It also has a battery "toggle" that you can put with the rest of the toggles on your homescreen if that's where you want it to be.

Best part is, it just tells you the battery level which makes it very easy on the battery itself.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...DIxMiwiY29tLnBhaW5sZXNzLnBjIl0&token=9fRFd9-p.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I use "Power Toggles", it's free with no ads and if you use the notification bar widget it gives you the option to display the battery level. There is even a setting that tells it how often to check the battery level (I have it set for 5 minutes).

Every 5 minutes?
You did read the post just above yours right?

Why waste all that power checking how much power you have?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I brought beautiful widgets for my phone and just use their widget, simple and nice. I have been pleased so far with battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(890442)

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I use Battery Circle which sits in the notification bar. Apparently it doesn't drain the battery and I haven't noticed any additional battery usage. It also monitors tablet temperature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro