Hot Battery Causing Shut Down

nobodyisherenow

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
So I was messing with a flash facebook game using xscope pro, when I noticed the back left area getting a bit warm. I asked my girlfriend if she thought it felt hot and she said it wasn't as hot as her phone gets sometimes when she uses it excessively. So I ignored it and kept playing my game. Suddenly, my nexus 7 just blacks out and is pretty much dead paperweight status. The screen went blank, I couldn't turn it back on for a couple minutes, and had no idea what caused it. Does a hot battery cause a forced shutdown? Should I be concerned that the nexus 7 does this and ask for a replacement?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
So I was messing with a flash facebook game using xscope pro, when I noticed the back left area getting a bit warm. I asked my girlfriend if she thought it felt hot and she said it wasn't as hot as her phone gets sometimes when she uses it excessively. So I ignored it and kept playing my game. Suddenly, my nexus 7 just blacks out and is pretty much dead paperweight status. The screen went blank, I couldn't turn it back on for a couple minutes, and had no idea what caused it. Does a hot battery cause a forced shutdown? Should I be concerned that the nexus 7 does this and ask for a replacement?

Yes it does and no, it's a safety measure. If it happens routinely and when it's just warm, well then I'd be worried.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084