consecutive 'google now' voice searches.

Therefore

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey ya'll,
I have a gripe that might have an answer by you. once I say "google" from the google now screen and complete my search I would like to say "google" again to do another search. I don't want to touch the screen again. Is this possible? Thanks.

If this wasn't clear below are the steps.

1. press home and move up to 'google'
2. say "google" and command"
3. google now returns results
this point is where the question is about.
4. say "google" again and do another search without touching the display.

thanks

B-B-B-Bonus Question: is there is a way to unlock the device right into google now voice search? that would be an awesome tip.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
yeah I know that, but I want the screen to be off, while still being able to say "google" and it start "google now"
First original question not possible at the moment and I hope google update the app to give this functionality.

second, from screen if this functionality should work the mic has to be on all the time which will drain the battery.
thats why it is disabled.

Therefore

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
would it really drain the battery that much? This option should be available so that when you are plugged in it's always listening.

Therefore

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I just think it should be an option. something the user could turn off. For instance, I use an NFC tasking app and build docks for my devices. If I could have this feature, I could have a profile set for when I am charging and on the dock. it just makes me sad it's not a feature. I'm still new to the android OS, but i hear others talk about how customizable it is. would this be impossible to implement?

Androhead27

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The feature you want isn't available and yes it would drain your battery constantly listening for "Google" while it was asleep.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63