N7 Media importer: Streaming Music from external SD or USB

bjadams44

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Using the nexus 7 media importer I can get my tablet to recognize music on a usb stick but I can only get it to play one selection at a time. I see all the music and if I do not choose any there is no stream option. If I choose one song stream option appears and it plays that song. If I choose many songs it plays the last song chosen. I have also loaded the music using stickmount (I have root) but still cannot get it to play back properly. Is this just something the N7 is not capable of doing yet?

bjadams44

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Due to the underwhelming response to my question, I contacted the developer of the Nexus 7 Media importer app. Seems you can only stream one song at a time and this is something he is working on.

So if anyone thinks they can stream music from a usb stick to the N7 as a way to get around the lack of an SD card and the limited memory, think again.
It may be possible later but right now there seems no way (at least that I've found).

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Due to the underwhelming response to my question, I contacted the developer of the Nexus 7 Media importer app. Seems you can only stream one song at a time and this is something he is working on.

So if anyone thinks they can stream music from a usb stick to the N7 as a way to get around the lack of an SD card and the limited memory, think again.
It may be possible later but right now there seems no way (at least that I've found).

Let me start off by saying that my N7 is rooted. I use the Stickmount app and have a 16gb mini flashdrive for my off line music. I also use Winamp as a music player.

This set up is able to play all of my music automatically. I normally have the controls set on shuffle. I am also able to use the lockscreen music player control.

I know this is not what you are using, but just to let you know that you can play your music using a flash drive. Hope this helps.

bjadams44

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that my N7 is rooted. I use the Stickmount app and have a 16gb mini flashdrive for my off line music. I also use Winamp as a music player.

This set up is able to play all of my music automatically. I normally have the controls set on shuffle. I am also able to use the lockscreen music player control.

I know this is not what you are using, but just to let you know that you can play your music using a flash drive. Hope this helps.

I tried using stickmount as I am rooted too but could not figure out how to let my music players (I tried three) know where the music is located. How do help Winamp
find the music on the flash drive?

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried using stickmount as I am rooted too but could not figure out how to let my music players (I tried three) know where the music is located. How do help Winamp
find the music on the flash drive?

I'm really not all that techie, so I can't explain why. I'm just assuming that Winamp reads all your music files. I know there is something in Winamp settings about allowing USB and you also have to check the lock screen controls.

Hope this is some help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-12-12-41-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-12-12-41-07.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 41

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12