Returning Nexus to Google was a nightmare, finally resolved.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I received my nexus shortly after they were released. I was one of the lucky few that didn't have any shipping errors. So the tablet arrives and it has a blown speaker. I call Google, they get me an RMA number to return the tablet, and a link for the UPS shipping. I am thinking great, Staples has the tablets in stock now(this was 2 days after getting the tablet), I'll return this one and go grab one from Staples. So that is exactly what I did. Within 4 or so days I get an email from UPS letting me know Google has received my tablet back. I am thinking great! My Amex should be credited soon. 3 weeks later and I had not been refunded my money. I called Google and they said they had received the tablet and they were going to pass the word up to someone who could do something about it. I told them that if I didn't hear from them by Monday close of business(I called Friday Morning), I would file a complaint with American Express. Well sure enough no word from Google, so I filed my complaint. American Express was very understanding and took my information, RMA number and confirmation of delivery. Finally today my card was credited back the $280. Also as soon as I filed the complaint American express removed the charge so I was not charged any interest on it, although my account wasn't credited until today. The letter I received from Amex said that they had tried to contact Google and never received a response. I wonder who the hell is in charge of customer service over there. They should be fired over this and the whole shipping debacle that effected hundreds of pre-orders. I can say that I, for one, will never order anything directly from Google again. So 3 cheers to American Express for taking care of their customers, and BOOOO to Google for some ridiculously poor customer service!

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I hear you. They received my tablet just over a month ago. I finally heard from someone on Friday after threatening to contact my credit card company. They claim that I will see the refund within two business days. If I don't see it tomorrow, I'm completely out of patience.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even get that much of a courtesy, the girl I talked to said the only thing she could do was report the issue to someone else. I asked to speak with this someone else and was told that couldn't happen. That was when I made the threat to reverse the charges. I guess they didn't care though because Amex said they didn't respond to their request either. So what happens in a case like this? I mean I got my money back, again go Amex!, but does Amex then bill Google? I mean Google will have to pay eventually right?

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Tell me about it. I've yet to receive my money back in which I was told I would have recieved it a month ago. Which reminds me. I need to be calling them now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even get that much of a courtesy, the girl I talked to said the only thing she could do was report the issue to someone else. I asked to speak with this someone else and was told that couldn't happen. That was when I made the threat to reverse the charges. I guess they didn't care though because Amex said they didn't respond to their request either. So what happens in a case like this? I mean I got my money back, again go Amex!, but does Amex then bill Google? I mean Google will have to pay eventually right?

Correct, amex goes after google for the balance. Google must be running an insane tab with amex with all the chargebacks lol

Sent from my MB865 using Android Central Forums

mrbates

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered, waited for it to arrive. Speaker was non functional, otherwise a fantastic piece. I returned it and received a replacement in just a few days, but I then had two open charges on my account. The replacement wouldn't boot and at this point I opted to return for a refund as I couldn't afford to have another charge on my card. I went to the local Walmart and picked one up with cash. I have been loving it every since. After a week the charge for the replacement was gone, but I have not yet received my refund for the returned device. I contacted Google and they asked for the tracking number and return number because it could take up to 14 business days to see the refund.. I gave it to them and they replied that they were sorry, but all they could do was push the request to someone that could help. It has been 28 business days.

I love my NEXUS but I am a little butt hurt about not getting my money back in a timely manner.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I feel really guilty. I was sent a replacement because of the screen flicker problem. I then sent my old one back. I was never charged for the replacement, and my credit card got a credit for the original Nexus. So now I have a N7 for free!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just go to Google, search for something and click on random ads for a while to pay them back

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

eneisch

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I feel really guilty. I was sent a replacement because of the screen flicker problem. I then sent my old one back. I was never charged for the replacement, and my credit card got a credit for the original Nexus. So now I have a N7 for free!

Don't worry - they will charge you eventually. It took them a week after my pre-ordered N7 was delivered for them to charge my card. I though I might get a freebie too...but alas it was not to come true. Good luck to you...I hope you beat the system. Google has proven they definitely are not a retailer.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
^ Their CS is nice and quick, easy but pretty incompetent in my experience..

Got a refund a week after I refused delivery. Only problem is, they took out FIFTY BUCKS--I only got $180 out of $230. I was explicitly told that I would get the full amount back.

Anyone else get jipped when they were promised a full refund??

ricky1245

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Worst Cutomer Service ever!!! They should get out of retail business. I returned my defective product 40 days ago and they will not give me my refund. I am going to reverse the charges through my bank. Google has lost all my respect and I am going to make sure everyone knows it

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, with me it was over 4 weeks since they had received the damaged tablet back before I went to Amex and reversed the charges. If you are waiting, I would go ahead and reverse the charges, they don't seem to be in any hurry to refund money, and in the mean time you are paying interest on the purchase, while they are making interest on your cash.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought a case and returned it after 3 bad devices. I sent it back 45 days ago and hvae emailed 9 times and 3 phone calls and still no refund. It's just for $20 but this hold up kept me from buying a Galaxy Nexus from them.

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I received a confirmation email about my refund then waited three days. I never got the refund so I disputed charges. It's been just under a month and a half since they received my return. Pathetic...

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my issue resolved. Got to talking to my bank and was told to call the dispute line for chase. I called and in 20 minutes later the rep told me I would be reimbursed by Chase bank for the $227 and some change. He told me that they would take care of the situation and go after them for the money and that I didn't need to deal with them any further. Two hours later and the money was back in my account. So relieved I don't have to deal with this anymore. I returned that nexus 7 close to 3 months. Mid July it was returned. Wow.

jtd771

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Same thing. Google received my return on 8/6 and just this morning I got an email from Google saying that they were begining to process my refund and that I could expect a less than full refund if the box was opened. How can I return it defective if the box isn't opened? Done. Called Chase and the charges have been reversed plus the interest. They'll pick up the fight with Google.

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I got my call from Chase this morning letting me know that they'll refund me the full amount (including shipping) and will continue to hash it out with Google. I'm guessing that they're gonna wish they refunded their customers instead of relentlessly hearing from large banks. I've definitely lost respect for Google after this.

el_mariach

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've definitely lost respect for Google after this.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I've lost respect for em. They make a good product. (Asus being the exception) But I'll just chalk this up as one bad logistical deal. I don't know that they have really dealt with something like this on a grand scale. So oh well I'm happy with my non issue tablet from staples. Learned my lesson and won't get caught up with the hype next time. :cool:

mac51

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Just to give you an update about our dealings with Google.
We have tried since Oct 29. 2012 to return the Nexus 7 and get a refund.
To no avail, after 6 phone calls and two supervisors still can't get our money back.
They didn't even have our information from the purchase, but they sure took our money fast.
We have had to file an officiial complaint against Google with the TD Visa complaint department.
We have now filed a case against them for no communication with us regarding the refund of 310.28.

This is sad when your dealing with trying to get back your daughters birthday money for another present.
Rest assured I will never deal with this corporation again.

Just thought you should know.