Which Tablet do you guys reccomend

nickchilds61304

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I may be putting this in the wrong thread. If I am please let me know or move it please. I have about $230-$250 to spend on a tablet. I know the Nexus 7 is a great tablet for the price I am just unsure I will like the 7" screen. I feel like I will need a larger screen. Is there a older unit (not to much older) that you guys recommend that will satisfy the daily needs, email, web surfing, kids playing games on it, netflix. I have looked at all the options between, Acer, Asus, Motorola, Samsung and etc. Any recommendations and why would be very helpful.
THanks,

Haucore

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Take a look at the Galaxy Tab2 10.1. It's less than a year old and will receive the new jellybean update. Build is identical to the new Samsung Note 10.1 which is too pricey. It might be a little shy past your budget but it not too expensive.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you had any hands-on time with 7 and 10" tablets? I tend to think "bigger is better" when it comes to screens, but I'm not sure I'd like a 10" tablet after having the N7. The screen is large enough to enjoy video and to be productive, and I feel like the gains in screen size wouldn't be worth the loss in portability for me. But everyone has different preferences, so I would recommend spending some hands-on time with different size tablets before you shell out your hard earned money.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i dont think you can find 10" tablet for $250 unless it's a cheap Chinese poorly built tablet or used and outdated tablet on Craigslist. Try to look for Galaxy Tab2 10.1 you might get lucky and buy it for $350.. I saw a couple of those on Craigslist the average price is around $370 for a new and 330-350 for a used one.

For 249 you have a couple of good choices
Tab 2 Student edition
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7-Inch Student Edition (White): Computers & Accessories
Regular Tab 2
Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi): Computers & Accessories
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 8GB Tablet from Google | Staples?

there's however a 10" tablet from well known company called Acer.It comes with ICS 8Gb version will cost you $250.. That's actually a pretty good deal. I like the fact that it has regular usb input!
Amazon.com: Acer Iconia A200-10g16u 10.1-Inch Screen Tablet - Titanium Gray: Computers & Accessories

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
My local toys r us has the Asus transformer on sale for 239.99. Pretty sweet deal. I was set to get the nexus 7 when I saw this deal. Think I'm gonna pick one up Friday.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

popdevil

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you had any hands-on time with 7 and 10" tablets? I tend to think "bigger is better" when it comes to screens, but I'm not sure I'd like a 10" tablet after having the N7. The screen is large enough to enjoy video and to be productive, and I feel like the gains in screen size wouldn't be worth the loss in portability for me.

I have to agree with this 100%. The 7in is just right. (That's what she said)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Wait for a second generation Nexus tablet and hope for a better manufacturer than Asus. I'm returning my N7 after less than a week. It's complete junk.

If you need to stay under $250 look at the Galaxy Tab 2.

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Wait for a second generation Nexus tablet and hope for a better manufacturer than Asus. I'm returning my N7 after less than a week. It's complete junk.

If you need to stay under $250 look at the Galaxy Tab 2.

Troll much? Pretty sure you've already posted a new topic about the nexus 7 being garbage, posting something similar to "delete thread device is garbage". Why hang around and keep bashing?

On another note....I use the HTC one x. Has a 4.7" screen. Also picked up a Nexus 7. The screen size is perfectly comfortable. Build quality is also good. And it runs the latest software which is always a plus. People can bash all they want, but even Google didn't think the device would sell as well as it did. Good luck on your purchase!

Sent from my Nexus 7

Mco119

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Saying it's "complete junk" instantly invalidates your credibility. You may have purchased one with problems, and that's unfortunate..but the majority of the N7s out there are very nice. Take a look at the hardware specs, and then reflect on the fact that nearly every professional tech reviewer on the globe has had close to nothing but praise for the device. After doing so, try to defend your statement that these devices are you junk.

You're hear to rant about your bad experience, and for no other reason. Grow up. If you can't do that, at least explain to us how you have reached the conclusion all N7s are garbage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I prefer 10 inch tablets, but have found that I really love the Nexus 7. The high DPI screen makes small text look clear and readable, so I have no problem surfing full sites on this screen. And I love how light and comfortable it is to hold.

For $200-250 this thing is unbeatable. I think it'd be a bad idea to spend that kind of money on a 10 inch tablet with last year's specs. If you have to have a 10 inch tablet I think the minimum would be a $400 Transformer TF300.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Whelp, posting in a Nexus forum might give you some biased answers lol, including mine.

Like others said, I'd give the 7" screen a try first. I use it for purposes you'd think would require a larger screen (note taking/research), but it actually works great. And if you have kids who like playing apps, a smaller device would be easier to use. Depends on the level of portability you'd like to have, but personally I think a 7" device fits much more comfortably in your hands than a 10" one. Your hands will never get tired holding it, but I can't say the same for a larger or heavier device.

By nature of being small and a tablet, I've rendered both my laptop and my ipod obsolete lol. Laptop stays at home, ipod's only used when I exercise (aka never).

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Based only on my personal experience, stay away from Asus products, unless you're willing to deal with the possibility of a number of returns to receive one that is not defective. Others have better luck, but I've tried three of their models for a total of eight tablets, and gave up. My first Samsung was great out of the box. Again, this is based on my experience only, so you might order a Nexus 7 and have it be perfect like a number of people on here. It's no doubt the best tablet at the price point that you mentioned...if you get one without defects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz