High audio latency for music apps?

flux capacitor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought an N7 16gb 2 days ago and Im glad I did. Im having a lot of fun with it. Was rather getting bored with PCs in general, tablets are new to me and its a new area of tech to play with.

One of the primary reasons I bought the N7 was the hopes of using it in music applications. There are any number of neat music apps on iOS that I've read about, but the ipad's price was far out of reach for me. I was hoping the N7 and android in general would have some decent music making apps but Im not finding a whole lot on google play. I did download some free apps to play with. There is one app called "My Piano" which can be downloaded freely. However Im finding it impossible to actually play. It can be useful if you wanna find out what key you want to be in, but certaintly cannot played live in any normal sense. The latency is horrific. I tried some free drumming app and it too was impossible to play.

So is audio latency an inherent problem in Android or specific to N7 itself? Is it a software issue? If so I really hope it could be resolved. Im not just basing this off my own experience, but also from this article: Google Nexus 7 – The First Android Tablet For Musicians? ? Synthtopia

Either way I really like my N7 and glad i bought it. Just hope the audio latency issues wherever they lie are fixed soon.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
real pianos have very little latency. :) seriously, how much fun is it for a real musician, to try to make music on a freaking glass screen??

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I had a Nexus 7 and got bored with it...Bought a iPad Mini cause of all the great optimized apps for it.

You replied to a post from 4 months ago to say that you got bored with a Nexus 7 and bought a iPad mini case of "all the optimized apps" troll much? I understand if the N7 wasn't your cup of tea but to bring an OLD post back from the grave just to say your statement is just not a good idea

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11