Catalan language in Jelly Bean and so?

Feverian

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
It is hard quite hard to be a native speaker of a "minor" language such as Catalan (7.5 M people, larger than Nederland or Norway, for instance). From time to time you get a mobile phone that supports Catalan through the interface (e.g. SG3), but, even if the keyboard sports Catalan, correction usually sucks.

It is difficult to understand companies' policies, since they are not usually guided by the numbers (e. g. Siri on Apple's iPhones did not support Spanish at the beginning, being one of the languages with larger number of speakers). Here in Catalonia we are always some sort of isolated, since we commonly need to work using Spanish and Catalan, and in some cases English. Therefore, having a strong spell correction and prediction would be fantastic. I know I can buy one, but even pieces of software such as Swiftkey mess up and provide learnt suggestions that do not match the language you use.

However, my main complain is that devices such as the Nexus 7, even providing a Catalan interface, do not provide a Catalan keyboard, and you need to end up installing a third party software because otherwise you need to "teach" it Catalan through the Spanish language, which is not very efficient.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech