Nexus 7 Help.

TaylordKris

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if their was a tutorial on how to wipe your N7 manually without having to use the device.. maybe via USB or something?

My Nexus 7 dropped, and cracked the screen, now the touch is unresponsive, so I'm selling it on ebay. But before it's sold, I want to wipe it, as it has all of my information on there. Is there anyway to do this?

Sucks ASUS won't cover it, however I'm going to just simply buy another one.

Thanks in advance!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Check the Rooting subforum, Zero Neck's unlocking thread. Make sure you have the Universal Naked Drivers installed (what OS are you using btw?) and download the unlocking package that includes the fastboot files.

I don't believe you need to unlock for this... but you should be able to boot the tablet into the bootloader by holding volume down and power. From there, plug it into the computer, open a command prompt where your fastboot files are located, and you'll want to enter:
Code:
fastboot erase userdata

The command will vary a bit depending on your OS. I recommend reading those threads and my factory image restore thread in order to get a basic understanding of what I mean. Let me know how it goes.. :)

TaylordKris

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Check the Rooting subforum, Zero Neck's unlocking thread. Make sure you have the Universal Naked Drivers installed (what OS are you using btw?) and download the unlocking package that includes the fastboot files.

I don't believe you need to unlock for this... but you should be able to boot the tablet into the bootloader by holding volume down and power. From there, plug it into the computer, open a command prompt where your fastboot files are located, and you'll want to enter:
Code:
fastboot erase userdata

The command will vary a bit depending on your OS. I recommend reading those threads and my factory image restore thread in order to get a basic understanding of what I mean. Let me know how it goes.. :)

ahhhh!!! i love you man, thank you!

it reset everything, now I'll feel alot more comfortable selling this on ebay without someone possibly getting a hold to my information.. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma