where are my files

sdavid631

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Help-
When I set up my nexus 7- my fiels all downloaded and updated from by Galxy Nexus via google-
now when i connect to my computer and look for my music files- they are no where to be found.
The music folder is empty- yet I have a couple hundred songs on my nexus 7. Where he heck are they-
I installed a couple of file manager on my nexus- and nothing either!
I can't figure this out!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Help-
When I set up my nexus 7- my fiels all downloaded and updated from by Galxy Nexus via google-
now when i connect to my computer and look for my music files- they are no where to be found.
The music folder is empty- yet I have a couple hundred songs on my nexus 7. Where he heck are they-
I can't figure this out!

Lol they are in the cloud, via Google Music.. not actually on your device, they stream :)

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Help-
I can't figure this out!

Lol they are in the cloud, via Google Music.. not actually on your device, they stream :)

Actually, I had this problem a while back. I was told to look in com.Google.music, then cache, though I found nothing. Think it's more of a Google Music problem than ours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

johnwccres

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
On another thread someone said they ARE in the google.music folder but file managers won't see them unless you are rooted. [Or it may be you need a special file manager for rooted devices, but anyway you need to be rooted.]

I found that if you just dump mp3 files into that folder then Google Music will see them and play them, which I thought was cool.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I found that out when my friend sent me a piece of music. It saved Ina different music location and Google Play Music automatically played it. Very cool, except when it fetches game sounds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc