Keyboard problem, help!

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I had read so many rave reviews about swiftkey 3 that i bought it yesterday and HATE it. I find it slow and make many errors and the delete key is not where i think it should be. So my question is whats the best way to get back to the original n7 keyboard. Is there an option to toggle to it? If so, where? Or do i just have to uninstall. TIA

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You can uninstall it, or disable it under Settings > Language and Input (just uncheck the box next to it), or next time you are typing you will see a keyboard icon in the notifications, just tap that and select the stock keyboard instead.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Obviously, go with the keyboard that is most comfortable for you. But keep in mind that it takes a few days or even weeks of usage for SwiftKey to learn your style. It also takes that long for a user to learn its style. Also, check out some of the options it has in settings that let you customize certain aspects of how it works.

I've been using SwiftKey for almost a month now (using the one month free trial tablet version), and really like it. I like Hacker's Keyboard, too, as well as stock, but prefer SwiftKey overall. It took me a few days to get used to the delete key position and a few other minor things, but once I did, it became very intuitive to use. In fact, I typed this response using probably half or fewer of the keystrokes than I otherwise would.

But of course, keyboards are one of the areas where getting the right one just for you is most important. So I hope you find one that suits you well! Just keep in mind that whichever keyboard you choose, it will require a little learning and getting-used-to-it curve. Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12