Goggle Nexus 7 sorry I bought one!!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to stop reading. A lack of periods and sentence structure creates headaches for the reader (at least this one). Good luck with your next purchase...

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm definitely not sorry I bought one. The N7 is not perfect but no tablet is. The N7 is far superior to the majority of the tablets on the market. If an App is not compatible with the N7 then chances are that it will be soon enough.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks like someone is trying yo sell something, LOL.

If not , enjoy your next device.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
First, you're getting a lot of criticism for your lack of proper grammar and punctuation. Assuming English is not your second language, this criticism is correct!

However, I'll forgive you and give you the benefit the doubt, and blame our deficient education system for this. Nah, just kidding!

Slow down, write in complete sentences, use periods, try separating different thoughts into paragraphs, and try to think about your poor audience who takes their valuable time to read about your problems.

Regarding your problems:

I've looked in three app stores and haven't found anything called Sky Go, so I can't help you there. Regardless, I don't know of any Android device that is compatible with 100% of apps. That's what you get with the highly customizable and open world of Android and its myriad assortment of devices. Your alternative is that dark, closed world called Appleland.

There was never any claim that the Nexus 7 would be compatible with a 3G dongle, as you stated you already knew. Why would you assume it might be? It's your responsibility to do proper research before you buy a product, to see if it can do something that it says it can't. That's what forums like this are for.

HDMI was never on the spec sheet, so it's not valid to complain that it's not there, at least not after you've bought the tablet. The same goes for the micro SD card slot. Feel free to voice your disappointment that it's lacking these features before you buy it, but to complain about it after you buy it doesn't make much sense.

Sorry to sound so critical, but I tend to respond less harshly to well thought out complaints. Anyway, good luck with whatever tablet you end up with. I hope it meets your needs and doesn't stop working during the first week of using it.

(Yeah guys, I know I spent way too much time responding to this post, but I'm unemployed and my alternative is to go out and look for a job, which would greatly interfere with the time I get to play with my wonderful Nexus 7!)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

oldschool2

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
OK I get the picture, firstly let me say I rushed the thread, and secondly I lift school at fourteen in 1974 and could not even spell, (Still cant but geting better) So yes I'm thick, Thirdly I'm not trying so sell a tablet I just thought for the money it would have done me, Anyway I'm not in to tech and getting to old for this, I well keep the nexus and hope they sort out the apps to work with it, from what you are all saying here its seams a good buy, guess that old saying is true you only get what you pay for :)

First of all, if your not into tech what are you doing purchasing a tablet in the first place. In other words, it sounds like you did not consider your needs or assumed it would be something it is not. I was going to get a Kindle Fire and then heard the rumors about new improved tablets coming out and decided to wait 4 months. Glad I waited and glad I went with the Nexus 7. I only received it Saturday and have only had a chance to turn it on and activate it, but I will get into learning it soon. I have never had a tablet or an Android device before and there is a learning curve. I chose to get a tablet for my failing eyesight. I will use it for such things as controlling my Squeezebox Touch which has a screen so small I can't see it until I'm on top of it and that's with glasses! I will also be using it for databases and the like. (I won't be using it for entertainment as I never expected it to be designed for that and it's useless to me for that purpose anyway. I know it supposedly handles movies and all that very well according to reviews and I assume it's true, just not for my use). I set my expectations for it kind of low to keep closer to reality. The reason I went with the Nexus 7 is so that I would not be locked into Amazon or Apple (could not afford that if I wanted to) and so I could delete apps and such I did not want. (Can't do that on a Kindle. Not saying Kindle is a bad device, it's actually very nice if you want entertainment and such, I just wanted something untethered). With the Nexus I can delete anything but core apps and I can even use stuff from the Amazon/Kindle shop if I like!. (Best of both worlds).
As for available apps or working apps, there are probably around 199,990 working apps so far for the new OS (I'm just guessing, I really have no clue). That's a ton of apps! Then there's endless free apps as well! I'm sure the developers are working feverishly to update the apps for the new OS. Heck, you see reports of apps now updated everyday right here, so it is happening. They just rolled out the device quickly because of competition with Kindle and such and did not want to be left in the dust. It's the nature of the beast.
Your expectations in my opinion were set far too high and you did not read anything about it before your purchase. Homework may have sucked while in school and some of it may have made no sense and never will, but in the real world homework is priceless! I read and read and read before I purchased the Nexus 7 and it was still a tough choice between the Kindle Fire HD and the Nexus 7. For me it was only the untethered aspect that made the Nexus 7 win out and for my uses I'm sure it will be overkill and yet there is nothing wrong with a little overkill sometimes, especially with technology = always buy a little into the future as best you can in accordance with your needs. As for waiting for apps? Hey, if I waited 4 months plus to get a tablet what's another couple of months or so for apps?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I lift school at fourteen in 1974 "

I knew how to use periods long before I was 14. AAMOF, long before I was EIGHT.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Move along folks, nothing of value here; however, buyers remorse always plagues those that do not educate themselves. Shop wisely my friends, and stay thirsty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton