1. jrwatson's Avatar
    I'm trying to download articles on my N7, but I can only get it to work about 30% of the time. Attached is a screenshot--basically, I have to continually try to download something like 3-5 times before it actually downloads--the other 70% of the time I just get a message that the download was unsuccessful.

    Anyone have any explanations for this? All the articles are PDFs, and it does this to almost everything document I try and download. My internet connection is stable, and the articles eventually download after I repeatedly try to get it to work.
    Attached Thumbnails "Download Unsuccessful"... ?-screenshot_2012-09-26-16-36-18.png  
    09-26-2012 06:33 PM
  2. 1812dave's Avatar
    are they large PDF's?? I have trouble sometimes even on PC's with overly large PDF's. How many pages are they?
    09-26-2012 06:41 PM
  3. jrwatson's Avatar
    ^ They vary in size, but the document in the above screenshot was 141KB--most are less than 10 pages, so they're usually well under 1MB.
    09-26-2012 07:38 PM
  4. 1812dave's Avatar
    ah, those are small. I've no idea what's going on unless it's happening due to a connectivity issue with the app or the tablet. Before I reset my N7 I was having tons of issues with some apps like FLipboard, Dolphin and a few others, not bringing in data to load pages, even though other apps were merrily chugging along on the internet. I'd do a FC and restart them to get them to load new pages again. Since the reset I don't think I've noticed that happening.
    09-26-2012 07:51 PM
  5. odd1ne's Avatar
    I had this problem with my nexus, someone told me to install an app called download everything and its worked fine ever since.

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Central Forums
    09-27-2012 03:07 AM
  6. opawalt's Avatar
    I have a brand new Nexus 7 tablet. I had the "download unsuccessful" problem and solved it by installing the Opera mobile browser. When I use the already installed Chrome browser I get the error on pdf files that are large. Small pdf files seem to download OK with the Chrome browser. The Opera mobile browser downloaded a large pdf file without a problem. I find it strange that the Google/Android/Chrome setup doesn't work and the Google/Android/Opera setup does work.
    01-02-2013 12:05 AM
  7. Westpix Photography's Avatar
    I pretty much dumped chrome the second day I had it. Then again never had download issues. I am slowly learning android and what's good and bad. Just glad the n7 is a race car and more forgiving than most. I almost, and still might route mine.
    01-02-2013 12:40 AM

Similar Threads

  1. FILE Download unsuccessful
    By fourEOR in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 01:12 PM
  2. Download unsuccessful?
    By Icedogyo in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 01:02 PM
  3. "download unsuccessful" after 2.2 update
    By toolfreak941 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 12:42 AM
  4. Unable to download (download unsuccessful)
    By elementfiftyfour in forum Samsung Moment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2009, 06:21 PM