RAM Manager for Nexus 7

jm345

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
What do you recommend for a RAM Manager for the Nexus 7? My Samsung Tablet came with an app called Task Manager. One of its features is a RAM Manager that clears inactive and background processes. There is no list of apps - it just does it. Anything similar for the Nexus 7? Thanks.

jm345

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Well my Samsung Tab RAM Manager says it has 722mb of potential memory. If my apps start running slow I go to RAM Manager and it will say I am using 600mb+or- of the 722mb. I press Clear Memory and the RAM changes to 300mb +or- being used. And my apps then run faster. Anyone doing something similar with the Nexus 7?

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Well my Samsung Tab RAM Manager says it has 722mb of potential memory. If my apps start running slow I go to RAM Manager and it will say I am using 600mb+or- of the 722mb. I press Clear Memory and the RAM changes to 300mb +or- being used. And my apps then run faster. Anyone doing something similar with the Nexus 7?

I assume Android takes care of it's memory needs pretty well automatically. But I do use a task manager because I find sometimes apps misbehave and need to be force closed and doing this with a task manager is easier than hunting down the app in Settings. So I use SystemPanel Lite.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=nextapp.systempanel&token=kgzApOJY

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
then knock yourself out, but you shouldn't have to resort to task killers to run Android devices smoothly. Funny that I've had a Bionic for over a year, plus my N7 and neither one runs slowly EXCEPT FOR WHEN MY N7 WAS HOSED, and a reset has fixed that. Some people think that is due to an issue with low available space. Whatever it was, my N7 runs at a fast pace, just like out of the box, even though I've loaded it back up with a ton of apps. Same thing with the Bionic. It never slows down.

jm345

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I assume Android takes care of it's memory needs pretty well automatically. But I do use a task manager because I find sometimes apps misbehave and need to be force closed and doing this with a task manager is easier than hunting down the app in Settings. So I use SystemPanel Lite.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=nextapp.systempanel&token=yl5KxZII

Thanks for the app suggestion - looks good. The Nexus 7 has more memory than my Samsung and does seem to manage memory better.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

I agree. On the Samsung Tab 10.1, closing apps and freeing RAM in the Task manager makes an actual noticeable difference. If an app is hanging and taking a logn time to react to touch, using the Task Manager to close things makes it run like new.

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is a little flashback story for probably many of you.

If you are, let's say, constantly visiting Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, don't you think your phone/tablet should have them ready for next time? If you are on Facebook, then manually close it down, you are just letting your RAM space sit there. It's just sitting there, collecting dust. Now if you need more memory, for maybe, Plants vs Zombies, your OS automatically does it for you. It kills your oldest tasks, then goes to your most recent, and so on.

If you're to lazy to read, what I'm saying is when your apps are being closed out automatically/manually, you're wasting free RAM space. Just don't worry about it.

Sorry for no source, I forgot where I read it from.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463