firefox has finally won

Chappie

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if any of you have checked out the latest official (re: not beta) release of firefox at all, but the added tablet support and streamlining finally has me sold. No longer does the browser seem to fragment when scrolling through pages, nor is it sluggish. I can load pages as quickly as dolphin now and scroll with the same fluidity (plus a rubber band effect, which I prefer) and of course, use flash. I think finally the need for two browsers is over for me and I can safely say firefox does everything now. Hopefully the development trend continues and it only gets better, but I'm glad it's become more than just my "flash browser."

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Firefox hands down beats Dolphin. It's a close call but Firefox just performs better. Now if only Google could get Chrome to work properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not for me. Videos are pixelated and jerky unlike in dolphin. Not only that but it made my Nexus 7 get hot which it has never done before

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I still like chrome also. Haven't had any problems with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
About the only time I use FireFox is when I want to watch my Amazon Prime streaming movies, otherwise I'm all about Chrome. What I'd really like though is an Amazon Prime dedicated app where I can access their movies, then I wouldnt need FireFox at all.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Good news, but unless they improved flash to HD, it's not going to replace any of my browsers. I I dl'd it a few weeks back, but the flash video/game quality was appallingly bad so I just ended up buying xScope

flux capacitor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
FF for me due to one thing: adblock. Until Chrome gets extensions working its FF+adblock for me. Some sites (huffington post) are loaded with so much crap its such a pain to use on the N7. For me its all about the antisocial list which blocks all the twitter/facebook crap I have no interest in. Loading times for websites with all that fluff are noticeably faster with the antisocial list enabled.

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I've tried both Chrome and Firefox. They're okay but, for me, Dolphin is the easiest and most intuitive and enjoyable to use. I use Firefox only if I want to watch Amazon Prime movies.

Liquid.Morphine

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
"Install flash. If your on ICS or JB you will need to sideload it. Flash will then work brilliantly in FF. I just tested this today."
I'll second this, work's great with Jelly Bean on my Nexus S 4g :)

Last edited:

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Until Firefox syncs with the Chrome tabs on my PC (never) I'll stick with Google's baby.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

You pretty much have to use one browser or the other on your desktop as well. I use both, find Chrome has a neat feature letting you switch Google user profiles on the fly, Firefox you have to launch ProfileManager with the -no-remote switch. But Lastpass works a little bit better in FF.

Install flash. If your on ICS or JB you will need to sideload it. Flash will then work brilliantly in FF. I just tested this today.
Must be missing a step, i've done this on JB and FF doesnt see Flash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes