so....after enjoying my n7 for 5 days

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Pic? Can you pop it back in or does it render the device useless? I guess I've just been lucky with hardware, mines roughed through weeks of constant use and a few drops (in a case) just fine. Are you looking for feedback/assistance, or are you just posting to state your experience..?

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Pic? Can you pop it back in or does it render the device useless? I guess I've just been lucky with hardware, mines roughed through weeks of constant use and a few drops (in a case) just fine. Are you looking for feedback/assistance, or are you just posting to state your experience..?

Can't take a pic. Still works fine. Just was surprised when I was reorganizing my home screen widgets and the screen felt squishy on the left side. Further inspection revealed the screen had moved outward, no longer flush with the bezel.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
^ I've heard some with a similar issue could pop the screen back in the bezel, but I guess you should probably contact CS? Might as well, in case the problem gets worse.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem :( I could push it down but it was getting worse. Luckily, Google customer support was super easy for me and a replacement is coming.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
1st post. You should have made your screen name "uselessposterinhawaii".

Useless poster posts useless post to tell another poster that the poster is useless

FAIL

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

To useless posts don't make one useful post.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. I bought it locally. Maybe the screen needs some rubber around the border to help to secure it better. I just hate taking stuff back, but in this case no choice.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your experience, but it's nothing new or surprising. This is the original and most widely complained about physical defect of the Nexus 7 since its release (anecdotally speaking, based on forum chatter). Still, it was only a small percentage of the devices (including my first one) that had this problem. As Asus' manufacturing methods have been adjusted, reports (again anecdotal) have been that fewer units have been afflicted with this defect. Nonetheless, defects like this will continue to pop up (pardon the pun), so the best you can do is exchange it, and maybe write a civil letter of complaint to Asus, if that would make you feel better.

Oh, by the way, you mentioned that this defect occurred 5 days after you started using it. Not to excuse the fact that the defect happened at all, but this means that when it left the factory it was in perfect condition with no apparent defect. Therefore, I'd be less harsh on their quality control people, and more harsh on their design engineering people.

rom1966

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I have this same issue. It's not so bad and doesn't seem to affect performance. The I got mine locally and got the extended warranty so I am going with until I see it develop into a real issue. I'm really curious to see "if" it will develop into anything.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I've gone through four Nexus 7 tablets from the Google Play store for this same common issue. USB port even died on the last one too. Google is giving me a refund, it seems silly to keep exchanging tablets with them any further.

But I really do want this tablet. So I stopped by Walmart and picked up number five. And wow, out of the box it's in perfect condition. Hopefully the glass won't pop-up five days later. But at the moment the glass is perfectly uniform on all edges, just slightly below the silver rim.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm mystified. I've had two of them that I took to work daily in covers (a Caselogic LNEO7 and a rooCASE Ultra-slim folio), stuck in a messenger bag (man purse). Nothing like what you guys have described have happened to mine.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513