Nexus 7 & Magazine Subscriptions

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. This is my first post...I just got the Nexus 7 earlier this week and love it. By far the coolest device I own. I love how customizable it is right out of the box. (I'm used to an iPhone...jailbroken of course). I've been lurking these forums for the past week or 2 in anticipation of getting my Nexus but finally decided to join up.

I must say, Google Currents is awesome. I use it constantly. My question now revolves around magazines and pre-existing magazine subscriptions. Say I have paperback subscriptions to GQ, Maxim, Rolling Stone, etc....is there some way to link my pre-existing account to google so that I can download the electronic issues for free? I feel like that should be super obvious to figure out but I don't see any options in the Play store. I searched this forum and all the threads about this had 0 responses. I hope somebody can shed some light on this!!!

Thanks!

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to check the subscription department of each magazine. Some have free digital editions and some don't. Hope that helps!

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I think some magazines have specific apps you can use to view digital version of your subscription, but I don't think they'd also let you access issues directly through app stores like Play.

To quote GQ:
Q: Does my print-magazine subscription include access to the app?
A: Yes, access to the iPad edition is included as part of your current print subscription for subscribers.

Read More The GQ iPad Edition: FAQs: The Magazine: GQ

Q: Will the app run on my iPhone/Android/BlackBerry Smartphone?
A: No. The GQ iPad app is designed for a larger screen. We hope to be able to offer apps for other devices in the future.

Read More http://www.gq.com/magazine/ipad/faq#ixzz27uwQ1a9L

Do a quick google search for your other mags, but I'm pretty sure you just need to dl their specific apps.

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Ya I have emails in to customer service at a few magazines. I will update this thread when I get responses....regardless, the nexus 7 is awesome. i'm addicted.

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey jmaudi0,

Did you get any response from the Customer Service teams? I have a GQ magazine subscription and I was hoping to get the digital subscription on to my Nexus7!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
search for your magazine on google play.

if you see this in description i think its eligible. if not then you have to call them up.

***Do you have an existing subscription to PEOPLE Magazine? Get it FREE on Google Play! Just download the Google Play Magazines app on your Android device, tap "Subscribe" and select the ?Free for print subscribers? option***

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks still. I think I will have to email them! Completely off topic... I have only just seen this reply because I randomly clicked back on to it. What's the best way to see responses to your posts on this forum?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For GQ, you have to use the NextIssue app. It's pretty clunky, but it works. If I remember correctly, you have to

(1) Download the NextIssue app to your Nexus 7: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...DEsImNvbS5uaW0uZGlzY292ZXJ5Il0&token=tSCXqf5W.

(2) Go to Next Issue | Unlimited Access To Your Favorite Magazines on your PC and create an account.

(3) Select GQ from the available magazines, and select "Add--Digital for Free."

(4) You should then be able to download the magazine on your Nexus 7 NextIssue app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oops, just saw on their FAQ that they're simply not available outside the US at this time. Sorry!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech