Thinking about buying a Nexus 7

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
or wait for a Windows Surface tablet which may be out later this year.

---------- Post Merged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:51 PM ----------

with rumoured jelly bean 4.2 update coming, this issue should be fixed soon.
I haven't seen any rumor on a 4.2 update coming anytime soon. Sure there should be one absolutely, but I haven't seen any indication that there is any sort of update due out soon. Do you have source?

---------- Post Merged at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Not necessarily I believe the Windows Surface tablets are due out later this year
So for this scenario, I'd have to get an iPad?

Sent from my HTC One X

---------- Post Merged at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Not necessarily I believe the Windows Surface tablets are due out later this year
So for this scenario, I'd have to get an iPad?

Sent from my HTC One X

Last edited:

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
The article seems pretty short on detail. Even if a new Nexus device is announced at the end of October it's very likely it will still be several weeks before it's released and it may be even longer before the update shows up for the Nexus 7. Even then we have no guarantees that it will address the WPA Enterprise Wireless issues.

---------- Post Merged at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:21 PM ----------

The article seems pretty short on detail. Even if a new Nexus device is announced at the end of October it's very likely it will still be several weeks before it's released and it may be even longer before the update shows up for the Nexus 7. Even then we have no guarantees that it will address the WPA Enterprise Wireless issues.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

When Nexus 7 was unveiled with Jb and released in mid july, galaxy nexus(ignoring Verizon because of CDMA) ,Nexus S and Xoom got JB right in Mid July. Carriers have no control over Nexus 7 so it will get it pretty much in a week.

yes, there is not a lot of details but its rumors and it also have rumors about JB 4.2 which is what I mentioned above.

i was hoping it get fixed in this update since it has been huge issue in jelly bean and google would have take notice.

Last edited:

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for all the replies!

Got my N7 4 days ago and it's sheer perfection! Best thing I've ever bought :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, thread title pretty much explains it all. I was originally going to wait for the new iPod touch, but after holding a Nexus in store today, I'm in love. What do you guys think? Should I or should I not?

Sent from my HTC One X

I used to own and love an iPod Touch. However, if you want a more capable, customizable, flexible experience go with a Nexus 7 for sure.

This tablet is as close to perfection as you can get.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Me thinks that already using an Android, for a while, it's time to try iOS for the first time. I might buy the 7inch iPad... :confused:
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Me thinks that already using an Android, for a while, it's time to try iOS for the first time. I might buy the 7inch iPad... :confused:
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I've been using iOS for so long... I'm tired of the immaculate, beautiful, suffocating, white padded cell that is iOS. I can't breathe. I want out. I want to customize my device to suit MY needs without the hell that is Jail breaking and not updating to a new iOS until people confirm a Jailbreak is available, yadda yadda... NO THANKS!

I'm tired of the same rehashed look and apps, tons and tons of apps! I want WIDGETS, B*TCHES! WIDGETS! I want a home screen that shows me a clock, the weather and anything else I damn well deem worthy of viewing at a glance. Apple, you failed me, so I'm done. Hello Android.

God bless you if you go to iOS. If it works for you, then it works for you. My current iPhone is the last iOS device I'll own. I don't foresee myself buying any iOS device unless something seriously changes.

I'm loving my Nexus 7 and Android and couldn't be happier. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using iOS for so long... I'm tired of the immaculate, beautiful, suffocating, white padded cell that is iOS. I can't breathe. I want out. I want to customize my device to suit MY needs without the hell that is Jail breaking and not updating to a new iOS until people confirm a Jailbreak is available, yadda yadda... NO THANKS!

I'm tired of the same rehashed look and apps, tons and tons of apps! I want WIDGETS, B*TCHES! WIDGETS! I want a home screen that shows me a clock, the weather and anything else I damn well deem worthy of viewing at a glance. Apple, you failed me, so I'm done. Hello Android.

God bless you if you go to iOS. If it works for you, then it works for you. My current iPhone is the last iOS device I'll own. I don't foresee myself buying any iOS device unless something seriously changes.

I'm loving my Nexus 7 and Android and couldn't be happier. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering a 16GB Nexus 7 and keeping my cheapo Optimus V so I can have a vanilla Android experience on a powerhouse tablet (I'd overclock it) while maintaining a cheap, yet highly programmable phone and pay $35 a month for unlimited [capped] data and unlimited messaging.
Is the 16GB worth the $250 (+tax)??
Who thinks that this a good setup?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering a 16GB Nexus 7 and keeping my cheapo Optimus V so I can have a vanilla Android experience on a powerhouse tablet (I'd overclock it) while maintaining a cheap, yet highly programmable phone and pay $35 a month for unlimited [capped] data and unlimited messaging.
Is the 16GB worth the $250 (+tax)??
Who thinks that this a good setup?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

It's worth it, as long as you don't plan on filling your N7 to the brim. I was hoping there'd be a 32GB, but the last 32GB device I had (iPod touch) had a whole bunch of shows I watched and games I never played. And that's a pretty good setup :D

Sent from my HTC One X

Lazer1

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
It's worth it, as long as you don't plan on filling your N7 to the brim. I was hoping there'd be a 32GB, but the last 32GB device I had (iPod touch) had a whole bunch of shows I watched and games I never played. And that's a pretty good setup :D

Sent from my HTC One X

I've been stalking the Nexus 7 for a few weeks but have been holding back to see what the mini Ipad is all about. I'll give Apple until the 24th to lay it all out before I pull the trigger.

There are substantiated rumors that Google is about to release a Nexus 7 with 32GB at the same price as the 16GB on or about the 24th. If you look at Walmart and Staples right now, they are no longer selling the 8GB model. Amazon ran out of them this morning. All three stores are still selling the 16GB. That makes me conclude the 8GB Nexus is on its death bed (the bloggers believe the 16GB will disappear –I think they're wrong) . I'm betting that later this month the 16GB model will slip down to $200 and the 32GB will be introduced at $250 and hopefully with the $25 app credit Google issued with its original Nexus 7 release.

You might want to hold off for a couple of weeks, there's a cat/dog tablet fight in the making between Google, Apple, and Microsoft and I'm going to perch my vulture-like butt on a nearby tree limb and wait for my techno meal.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams