Broken Nexus

jocro

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, don't know if this has happened to anyone yet but I was hoping for some advice as to fixing my Nexus. Fell of my lofted bed, and, as a result, it's a lot messed up =( I do have a warranty on it, but according to the verbiage in the warranty, once they issue a replacement there's a deductible involved. Knowing I may break it over the life of the rest of the warranty, I'd like to avoid the deductible if possible. Anyone out there replaced their screen, think this is recoverable for less than the cost of the deductible ($40)?

And any recommendations on some durable, lightweight cases? Thanks all, and sorry for any blurry pictures.

2012-10-01_19-36-25_311.jpg2012-10-01_19-36-46_837.jpg2012-10-01_19-37-19_887.jpg2012-10-01_19-38-22_857.jpg

nemesys23

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks just like mine except I don't know how mine shattered. I pulled it out of my backpack one day after I got to work and voila! That was a fun day.

I knew I wouldn't have any luck with getting it replaced under warranty, but I called ASUS anyway just to see what they'd say. Long story short, don't bother. A repair will cost you $170.

philtann

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss.

I can't speak for USA, but it's VERY difficult to get any warranty/support on Nexus 7 in Australia.
Have you got any local mobile phone repair agents, they may be a good bet for you to try.

connorse

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
If it's anything like a phone, opening it up for repair may void the warranty, so I'd eat the $40 for the deductible now and make sure it's done right.

jocro

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Plus I did some research and buying a new screen would be basically buying a new Nexus. Good enough for me. Talked with warranty people and they said that they'll let me dispose of the product myself though, anyone know the market on a broken Nexus? Can't imagine getting more than 20 for it.

Jared-5

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Which company did you get the insurance from?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Plus I did some research and buying a new screen would be basically buying a new Nexus. Good enough for me. Talked with warranty people and they said that they'll let me dispose of the product myself though, anyone know the market on a broken Nexus? Can't imagine getting more than 20 for it.

OrenSqueese

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Edgemiedajemn dapleerersapy

Hello!
Cras enim mi vehicula metus tincidunt venenatis. Etiam magna nibh tempor velit iaculis non suscipit eu sem.

TaylordKris

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

sold mine the other day on ebay for $78.. Well for $64, but I made the shipping $13 extra, and kept $8, and shipped it for $5

http://puu.sh/1aQAC <--- Screenshot

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan