Two month update on n7 c60

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The more i use it the more i love it and the less i use my ipad3. I can sit and hold it like a paperback book to read news and forums. Cant do that with the ipad. I could go on and on but this device is pretty amazing. A new cool discovery with it everyday. If the ipad mini has a rear camera -- all that is missing in the n7 -- i'll probably get it. Hopefully the n7 2 will have one. My wife who also has an ipad3 and an earlier generation ipod touch has fallen for the n7 form factor but will probably go for a mini IF it has a rear camera and is close in price to the n7.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The more i use it the more i love it and the less i use my ipad3. I can sit and hold it like a paperback book to read news and forums. Cant do that with the ipad. I could go on and on but this device is pretty amazing. A new cool discovery with it everyday. If the ipad mini has a rear camera -- all that is missing in the n7 -- i'll probably get it. Hopefully the n7 2 will have one. My wife who also has an ipad3 and an earlier generation ipod touch has fallen for the n7 form factor but will probably go for a mini IF it has a rear camera and is close in price to the n7.
I wouldn't bet on that. If Apple does release a 7" iPad, I expect the price to be between $400 and $500. The current generation iPod Touch is $299 and up. The old iPad 2 is $399 at the Apple store. The new iPad is $499 or more. If they spend money designing and building a 7" tablet, Apple will want to sell it for a higher price than the clearance price on the iPad 2. :D :D

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't bet on that. If Apple does release a 7" iPad, I expect the price to be between $400 and $500. The current generation iPod Touch is $299 and up. The old iPad 2 is $399 at the Apple store. The new iPad is $499 or more. If they spend money designing and building a 7" tablet, Apple will want to sell it for a higher price than the clearance price on the iPad 2. :D :D

If you were correct @ $400-$500 no one would buy it. Well thats an exageration but the 7 inch tablet is now perceived by the world as a $200-$300 TOPS device.

Southrncomfortjm

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My guess is the minimum price for the Mini will be $349 for a 16gb model, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it at $399. Apple's pricing structure does not have to follow that of Android OEMs. They can set the price and people will flock to their products because they are the best in the world at convincing the public that their products are amazing and should be purchased without question.

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you were correct @ $400-$500 no one would buy it. Well thats an exageration but the 7 inch tablet is now perceived by the world as a $200-$300 TOPS device.
A 7" Android tablet is a $200 to $300 device. Just knowing that, I would expect a 7" iOS tablet from Apple to be $350 to $450 at least. :D :D

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
My guess is the minimum price for the Mini will be $349 for a 16gb model, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it at $399. Apple's pricing structure does not have to follow that of Android OEMs. They can set the price and people will flock to their products because they are the best in the world at convincing the public that their products are amazing and should be purchased without question.
This sounds about right, and it will definitely have a good rear camera. And you're right about their marketing machine to a point.

They can't get too crazy with their prices, regardless of how good (or annoying) their marketing is. Still, uninformed people (and that's a lot of people) will flock to it and pay a premium price because of the marketing. However, they will get a very high quality, well built product, a solid but yawn inducing OS, and a safe but wickedly closed ecosystem in return.

As much as the Apple OS and ecosystem (and zombie creating marketing scheme) aren't for me, I still consider their devices to be pretty damn good. Some of that premium price does go toward the engineering and build quality. The rest goes toward ridiculously high profit margins for Apple.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante