Is it just me that's upset about N7 32gb rumor if true?

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I am happy for it being released, but now I am stuck with a glorified HD book reader that can't take full advantage of HD games and HD movies because of the limited space . At least put a micro SD card slot in the device for good measure . Shouldn't cost that much. Geez I'm am will to pay the 20 dollars extra for the option. That should have been an option from the start or as soon as you notice that 16gb inventory ran out faster the the 8 GB version . Do you fell the same?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It's the way the world. New stuff comes out bigger better faster

If you really felt 16 gigabytes was too small for your needs perhaps you shouldn't have bought it

Furthermore I don't get upset about rumors just facts (some). :)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
16 is fine for me since its vanilla android id have a hard time filling that 16 let alone 32. But if buy if it came out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you know how much memory your current device had when you bought it? If so, you still have the same memory if they release a 32GB or 64GB model, so why would releasing a new model affect you, much less upset you?

Zapflashgone

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still kinda a pissed about my Compaq Portable. 28lbs. 128kb, 5 1/4 floppies to even load the OS, $3500 [in 1980's buckeroos].
Noooo! ...They gotta go make the 386 and mine goes obsolete!
I've got at least 20-30K of obsolete tech laying around, but I LOVED each and every little bit of it when it was the shiny new thing.
You got a great tablet for the money... everything upgrades.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm not upset. I wish all Nexus 7's had only 8GB but expandable micro-sd slots. A 64GB micro-sd card costs about $50. When you buy built-in storage, they charge you $50 per 8GB.

weiss1173

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
If this is true, I am definitely holding off. I just got my dad a Kindle Fire HD and was thinking of getting a Nexus 7 for my kids (me). Wife and I have IPads but the Nexus would be fun. I'm glad Staples was out of stock the other day.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm....so you are glad Staples was out of stock, even though you don't know if the rumor is true. wow...

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I've got a 16GB Nexus 7, and with the stuff I have so far decided I want and need installed, I've barely cracked the 3GB mark. And that's the great thing about offering different models--let the consumer choose.

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I brought the 16GB just to be on the safe side, and i've actually had a hard time finding stuff to fill 4GB (technically i've only used 3.5GB).
I really could have saved $50 and brought the 8GB model, but I figure it's better to have too much space than not enough.
I think that as long as Google or Asus weren't deceptive (and they weren't) we have nothing to be upset about.
We all knew how many GB we were getting before we gave them our money.

NickFromHouston

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You can play the waiting game forever and end up with nothing, or find the right time to buy for you and don't look back. For me the timing was perfect for the N7 16GB, and I've used it vociferously in the last month and a half. I'm not worried about a 32GB version coming out in the next 1-2 months. Time marches on. :)

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it's totally fair for people to be a bit upset. This isn't something better, this is just Google fixing a mistake they made when they launched an 8GB model instead of a 32GB model.

And I suspect some of you going the "there is always something better around the corner" story would probably not be some dipolomatic if this Nexus 7 32GB had a faster processor or some other real performance improvement over the original Nexus 7 less than 3 months after it's launch. There is always something better coming, but usually not so quickly to the very product model you just bought.

Google isn't a bad guy, they didn't do this on purpose, I don't hate them. But I think they made a mistake with the storage capacities, were stingy on purpose I think to push their cloud services. And Amazon and B&N just announced similarly prices tablets with better storage capacities and now Google has to fix their mistake. I think it's okay to be upset with Google's mistake.

Cubeology

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually being limited to 16 GB forced me to embrace the idea of cloud storage, something I was reluctant to use much. But wow what you can do with files without downloading them onto the device. I can play directly from the 50 GB of music on my desktop PC anywhere I am with my phone or tablet, easily using google play music, so why would I want to store music on my tablet. Same thing with documents, just leave them in dropbox. It takes an adaption from the old way of doing things, but it all works pretty well once you get used to it. And yes, you do have to tether the tablet to your phone, but that is ridiculously easy as well. I see the day coming that storing much of anything locally on the device or even a computer will be an entirely obsolete notion.

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Droid RAZR users were "pissed" when RAZR MAXX came out 3 no later too but..caveat emptor right? I will just give my 16gb to my kid for Xmas and get a 32 gb for me :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's totally fair for people to be a bit upset. This isn't something better, this is just Google fixing a mistake they made when they launched an 8GB model instead of a 32GB model.
I don't think it was a mistake How many people bought the 8GB Nexus 7 instead of the 16GB version? How many people wouldn't have bought any Nexus 7 if their choices were 16GB @ $249 or 32GB @ $299? Maybe those people would have bought a Kindle Fire HD or some other Kindle instead. Maybe they wouldn't have bought any Android flavor tablet. Google obviously had to make certain design choices to hit the $199 price point and that device might not be right for you, but that doesn't make it a mistake for Google to make that choice for their business.

NickFromHouston

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's a mistake to come out with a 8GB version instead of a 32GB version. The mistake would be not coming out with a 32GB version at all. Likely there will be one out soon, and there will eventually be price drops on the 8 and 16GB models - it's just how the industry works.

How many people have 32GB Kindle Fire 7 HDs? Right now, in their hands? Likely very few, as I ordered one for my wife weeks ago and it's not available until October 25 at the earliest. It's one thing to say "8GB is dead on arrival" but it's another thing to have the device in your hands already and using it for months.

xstex_

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a problem with things 'moving forward' but they very well could of done a 32gb version to begin with, why wait if they know people will want larger?

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it was a mistake How many people bought the 8GB Nexus 7 instead of the 16GB version? How many people wouldn't have bought any Nexus 7 if their choices were 16GB @ $249 or 32GB @ $299? Maybe those people would have bought a Kindle Fire HD or some other Kindle instead. Maybe they wouldn't have bought any Android flavor tablet. Google obviously had to make certain design choices to hit the $199 price point and that device might not be right for you, but that doesn't make it a mistake for Google to make that choice for their business.

It's my understand the 8GB model has barely sold.

If Amazon can do the Kindle Fire HD 16GB at $199, Google could do the Nexus 7 16GB at $199 too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance