IPad Mini(or Nano) vs. NEXUS7...........stay loyal to android or switch?

Jonexus

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
:thumbup::thumbdown::thumbup::thumbdown::thumbup::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbup::thumbdown::thumbup::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::D:)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349620084227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349620084227.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 442

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Did I miss the official announcement? The rumors I'd heard were that the iPad Mini would have a lower resolution than the N7. Not sure how, if it's another Retina Display. My gf's birthday present, an iPad 3rd gen, is lovely to look at, and hold (nice build quality), but I could buy two N7s and several cases and screen protectors for the price of one iPad. I'm securely and confidently happy with the Nexus tablet.

P.S. Good luck learning how to use smilies.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Did I miss the official announcement? The rumors I'd heard were that the iPad Mini would have a lower resolution than the N7. Not sure how, if it's another Retina Display. My gf's birthday present, and iPad 3rd gen, is lovely to look at, and hold (nice build quality), but I could by two N7s and several cases and screen protectors for the price of one iPad. I'm securely and confidently happy with the Nexus tablet.

P.S. Good luck learning how to use smilies.

...just look at his post history.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
depends on which device better integrates with the rest of yours. I mean if most of your devices are iOS, the ipad's probably better for you?

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
When the iPad mini is finally announced and we know what its specs are we might have a meaningful discussion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I own three Android devices. To my knowledge none of them can connect with the famous Apple app store. Apple is worthless to me.

kkapoorr

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I might just buy the iPad mini to use iOS for the first time.... Depends on the pricing though... :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope. If Apple failed to get me to buy a new iPod touch, then they aren't getting my money this time.

Maybe if they quit being complete patent bullies, THEN I'll look. In the meantime, no.

Sent from my HTC One X

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't you feel like a quasi-stalker, looking up someone's history? Let's stick with the topics and leave the personal BS out of this, please.

veevans01

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the new ipad and the Nexus 7. Go with the Nexus 7. Much more customizable. I barely touch the ipad.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone. I have a Nexus 7. I am no fanboi of either. I buy what I like and what I think will be the best bang for my buck for my intended usage.

I like the simplicity of iOS but hate the walled-in garden that's just too suffocating for me. I'm sick of having to Jailbreak my device that I paid a premium for just to get it to do simple things like other devices have been doing for a decade! :rolleyes:

I chose a Nexus device because of its pure OS, no drama with updates and is highly customizable. The Nexus 7 is also one of the best tablets on the market and will still be even if/when an iPad Mini is released...

So unless Apple magically rips down the walled-in garden, I'm not switching to any iPad-- mini or not. Once this iPhone dies or I can get my hands on the next NEXUS unlocked GSM smartphone, Apple has lost a long time customer. I'm done with Apple for the foreseeable future. No more iShackles for me! I'm free! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ruger141

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
If the prices were closer than I would seriously look at the iPad Mini, they apparently are not though. I currently have a 4s for my Phone and the N7 for my Tablet and am pretty happy with that arrangment. My Phone I prefer to be simple, work well with all its apps, be one hand operable and asthetically pleasing. My Tablet I want more flexability with widgets, different keyboards etc and the ability to actually download a freaking book from one of the Book apps. Thats my perfect balance and that probable how I'll be for a while, iOs for the phone and Android for the Tablet.

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I like the simplicity of iOS but hate the walled-in garden that's just too suffocating for me.

Can you please explain this statement a bit further?

I have the Nexus 7 and love it (my first-ever tablet). But I was thinking of getting an iPad mini when it comes out, depending on the price. But I know nothing about the OS, just know my daughter loves her apple notebook and iphone. Of course, my grandchildren want to Facetime with me. Not sure if an app like Tango is just as easy for young children to use.

AstronomerXI

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
What's with this loyalty thing? Does a carpenter have only one saw or one drill bit or one router bit? Let's see...between me and my wife, we have tablets running HP Web OS and Cyanogen mod (dual boot Touchpad hooked up to the entertainment system for Internet radio), two iPads (I won mine), 1 Nexus 7, two iPhones (plus a work IPhone. I preferred my old BlackBerry for work), an iMac, 2 Windows 7 machines (1 a laptop dual booting to Linux Mint), 1 Windows 8 laptop, a Ubuntu Linux server, a VMWare server running instances of Centos, Debian, & ClearOS Linux etc. Not to mention other Linux and *BSD machines running in virtualization for testing. And a hacked AppleTV.

I love my N7 for the obvious reasons of hackability, customisation and being the perfect size and weight for reading ebooks (we have Kindles that are now gathering dust for the most part, but can't be beat for outdoor reading and long battery life) and for casual media consumption. The retina displays on the iPads are stunning. I hate the walled-garden of the Apple ecosystem, but my wife loves the Mac because SHE CAN JUST GET THINGS DONE. I like my iPad as it's the perfect device for reading .pdf's.

Bottom line, use the best tool for the task. Don't get caught up in dogmatic and polarized A vs B, "your way sucks" fights. Enjoy what each Operating System brings to the table, because each was written by people with a passion for their platform, and their passion shines through in the capabilities and user experience that you get to play with. Life is too short to get caught up in silly turf wars. Leave that for the soccer fans! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited: