I'm locked out by the security app!

AnnoyedDroid

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi! My Nexus 7 worked great for five days, but I have now been locked out of the device for just as many days. My Kaspersky security app worked fine, and then my pin number was suddenly not recognized. I double checked it. The app didn't seem to recognize the account all of a sudden. The short story is: Kaspersky has been no help at all, and neither has Google. I requested (automatically) a new password, but the one Kaspersky gives me doesn't work. I'm told that my email and/or password is not correct, and it doesn't matter if I copy & paste the email and password or if I type it! Is there a way to override the security app, even if it means wiping out everything I installed?
All I want is for the device to work properly!
Thanks in advance!

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset. Instructions are on AndroidPolice for their "how to sideload the 4.1.2 update" just instead of sideloading from ADB, select the Factory Reset/wipe in Recovery.

And stay away from Kaspersky. Years ago I bought it, "a bargain," until I noticed that my bank's site and other web sites didn't load properly. 2 days of support calls to Kaspersky, and they rememberd that the app installed a certificate that had to be imported in Firefox and IE and Chrome to work properly. Nothing in the docs about it. Again, it took them 2 days to tell me this.

I'll never use them again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech