How awesome is my Nexus 7

pstjmack

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
This is a completely brain-dead gush void of critical detachment, so be prepared. But after hour after hour of Dead Trigger on my Nexus 7, I am still blown away by the sheer quality. Graphics power of this quality on an entry-level device? The game graphics look better and smoother than almost any PC or game console I've ever played on. Deus Ex never looked like this. Far Cry never looked like this. Half-Life 2 *maybe*, at times, but even so ... And Max Payne actually looked and played better than on my old PC.

Fine, some mobile games still lack the range and quality of their desktop/console peers. But that is more a function of the market than the hardware and software - read: the bias towards casual mobile gaming and lazy developers. Aside from serious gaming and high-end CG, there has been no real productivity reason to use a desktop at all for some time now. With this level of hardware, the PC platform is looking ever more obsolete. Hail to the *new* king!

ExTheGod

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Eh theres still plenty you cant do on a tablet that is easily done on a pc so lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Lol

But yes the N7 is a great tablet. I don't know what id do without mine
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Ehh great tablet yes as I love mine too. Better than a full fledged gaming PC? Uhh no way. If that's what you think then you haven't played games on an up to date gaming PC. Sorry.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of how u like the look of games on a tablet, for me I do my killing on a PS3--IN MW3. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
My Android phone and Nexus 7 are great for what they do. They are superb tools and I very much enjoy using them.

But I trade the stock market for a living and I'm a passionate photographer.

My trading and financial software only run on my Windows machines. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom only run on my Windows machines.

I'm very much interested in the upcoming Windows 8 devices.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes