Not receiving OTA update Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
To all still waiting for the update..clearing your framework data (settings, applications, all apllication, clear- then check system update again) works. I did this twice (in a row) and the update appeared.

In Settings, under "Apps", the "All", the only choices are "Reset apps preferences" and "Sort by size". There is no "Clear Google Framework" choice.

Where, exactly, are you finding this option?

Sent from my Nexus 7

bbcicamica

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I had been checking my Nexus 7 4-5 times a day since the update started to roll out. I checked it even this morning. Nothing. It was until my bf told me abt a trick he read abt - to go and clear the data frm goggle services framework. After that I got the update immediately.
Screenshot_2012-10-13-10-09-00.png

Love my Nexus7!

abausch

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I did the 'clear framework' just once and the update appeared. Much faster than my Galaxy Nexus, which took many, many tries to force the JB update :)

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I did the 'clear framework' just once and the update appeared. Much faster than my Galaxy Nexus, which took many, many tries to force the JB update :)

This has never worked for me on any device ever. Still waiting on my ota

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
In Settings, under "Apps", the "All", the only choices are "Reset apps preferences" and "Sort by size". There is no "Clear Google Framework" choice.

Where, exactly, are you finding this option?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Never mind. "Google Framework" is a running app, not a setting. I cleared its data, rebooted, and voila! The update downloaded and installed.

First impression: Wow -- everything is loading instantly again. No more lag! :D

Sent from my Nexus 7

thwack79

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
power cycling the nexus, then clearing the framework data twice and then going straight to check for update worked for me too, thanks.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Clearing the framework didn't work out for me. Android 4.1.2 just showed up on it's own though, so it's all good.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Like watching grass grow, the more you look for it to arrive the longer it will appear to take.

Set mine on airplane mode before going to bed and this morning after turning off airplane the upgrade was ready to download.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal that I have not received my update for 4.1.2 on my Nexus 7. I know it has been posted for download, but I have been reading that everyone else has received the update, yet my tablet is still telling me I'm up-to-date. Is this normal or should I have received it already?

My wife''s unit got the update yesterday, which was about 5 days after mine got it.

mrjonesy

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Foe those of you still waiting also after clearing framework,it is also worth turning air plane mode on and off as well,this worked with my wife's tablet and has been mentioned elsewhere.

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I cleared Google framework yesterday and received the OTA. I was always skeptical about that process until yesterday, but it worked for me.

n3wDaddy77

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I just received the notification pop-up this afternoon! :D

I'm lovin' it thus far! I'm located in Toronto.

payamtorabi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Recently (2 days ago) bought the Nexus 7, which came running 4.1.2.

In the 5 days since purchase I've been offered twice to install the update to Jelly Bean 4.2, and both times I've accepted. The phone reboots, I get the big green android, the it turns into a fallen over android with a red ! triangle coming out of its body.

After about 30 seconds it starts up again but remains on android 4.1.2 (I.e, not updated) and when I try to run the update, says there is no update available...

Any suggestions what's happening here?

Thanks in advance :)

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Recently (2 days ago) bought the Nexus 7, which came running 4.1.2.

In the 5 days since purchase I've been offered twice to install the update to Jelly Bean 4.2, and both times I've accepted. The phone reboots, I get the big green android, the it turns into a fallen over android with a red ! triangle coming out of its body.

After about 30 seconds it starts up again but remains on android 4.1.2 (I.e, not updated) and when I try to run the update, says there is no update available...

Any suggestions what's happening here?

Thanks in advance :)

This thread is about updating to 4.1.2. For updating from 4.1.2, see this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=230030.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos