Netflix doesn't work right, need help

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden the netflix app just quit working right on my Nexus. I can play one episode of a Show and when I try to play the next episode it just sticks at the red loading screen but never loads the show. Then I have to clear data, log back in and play the next episode and it will work but then I have to repeat this after every episode or it will just stick on the red loading screen.

This is very annoying and I just end up watching netflix on my computer which basically defeated the purpose of purchasing my Nexus 7. I am thinking the problem is that the memory fills up too quickly and the app data on the memory needs to be cleared after each show. Does anyone have any idea or fixes for this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
All of a sudden the netflix app just quit working right on my Nexus. I can play one episode of a Show and when I try to play the next episode it just sticks at the red loading screen but never loads the show. Then I have to clear data, log back in and play the next episode and it will work but then I have to repeat this after every episode or it will just stick on the red loading screen.

This is very annoying and I just end up watching netflix on my computer which basically defeated the purpose of purchasing my Nexus 7. I am thinking the problem is that the memory fills up too quickly and the app data on the memory needs to be cleared after each show. Does anyone have any idea or fixes for this issue?

Tried a reset? My calendar was hosed right out of the gate til I did a reset more than a week after purchase of my n7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
reset should do the trick. I had issues with Netflix freezing on me (couldn't press any buttons, which was incredibly annoying when I tried to watch consecutive TV shows or wanted to actually search for a movie). I tried clearing cache, clearing data, uninstalling/reinstalling, and nothing worked. so I reset my device (for more pressing issues) and netflix has been working fine since.

before a factory reset, try a hard reset. turn the device off, and hold all three buttons until it boots up. you'll get a screen with an android robot and a list of scrollable options on the upper right. I think two down is a reboot, but you should double check.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
It's their latest update... Lots of complaints on play store

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

I read those complaints just now on the play store but I don't have any of those problems

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

roblox84

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
If im correct a hard reboot won't wipe my data but a factory reset will? If I do a factory reset sometime will the apps, saved games, settings etc... restore themselves automatically after the reset?

My phone installs everything back up automatically but I also have the backup app on it, but not on my Nexus 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol